Menu
chinese visa in Bangkok
Mar 7, 2008 20:26
  • SARAHANGEL
Everyone seems to have great advice on here and although i know no-one can answer me for definate 'm looking for a bit of reasurance. lol
I've been working out here a while and will be leaving shortly to travel for a month before returning to the UK.
My boss wants to cancel my work permit, and although tells me this will not cancel my visa, authorites have told me it will.
I can get a tourist visa but that will only allow me to go home (no entry). On my travels i was planning to go to vietnam and thailand, before returning to Shanghai to collect my belongings and fly home.
I can obtain a vietnamese vise and as a British citizen i do not need a visa for thailand. The plan is (while in Thailand) to then apply for a new tourist single entry for china.
Can anyone foresee any reason i should not be granted this?
Just a little worried. Any help (although i know you cant be definate) would be greatly appreciated.
Mar 8, 2008 09:07
  • JABAROOTOO
Sarah,
I see no reason why you would not be issued with a tourist visa from anywhere outside China.

Relax.
It is just a matter of how long it will take in Bangkok as opposed to somewhere like HK where it is relatively easy and can take a little as a day.

Dec 1, 2008 09:21
GUEST82217 Note to All:

Yes, Americans or any other citizens who are able to apply for Chinese visas in their home countries are able to get their Chinese visas near the China Embassy here in Bangkok. I dropped off my visa in November 2008 and the cost for Americans is 4400 baht, less for other countries. There is around a 1000 baht expedite fee that lets you get back your visa in the same day. Regular 4 day service is free. It's easy enough to get a Chinese Visa in Bangkok, often even easier and more convenient than back in the USA (in my experience).

CAUTION/ SCAM WARNING: The actual visa office is not located within the Chinese embassy, but within a building nearby called the AA Building. The Chinese Visa office is on the second floor. When entering the building, there are some very professional looking men speaking Chinese standing by the metal detectors acting like they are officials from the embassy. They have the visa applications and everything and help you to fill it out, then they take your passport and 5500 baht for processing fee. However, the problem is that these guys are touts for a visa service that you could simply bypass by going up the stairs or elevator to the actual second floor office. Don't give these guys any money, they are basically scamming you for 1000 baht to take your visa application upstairs and submit it for you. Plus you face the inherent risks that these con-artists will disappear your passport and your money!!! IGNORE THESE GUYS AND GO UP THE STAIRS TO SUBMIT YOUR VISA YOURSELF. The shameful thing is that the Chinese Visa Office is certainly aware this scam is going on but lets it happen since somebody is surely getting a kick-back...

CAREFUL!!!
Post a Reply to: chinese visa in Bangkok
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code