Menu
Buying domestic plane tickets out of Shenzhen
Mar 8, 2008 19:33
  • SIMRED
Does anyone know any reliable travel agents in Shenzhen where I could get cheap domestic flights within China? Or is it best to buy online at e-long?
Mar 9, 2008 06:34
  • BETWEENUS21
its better to take a train up to guangzhou baiyun airport and take a flight from there as baiyun have an extensive network of domestic flights than limited shenzhen airport - and the prices are much competitive. Yes check with e-long or ctrip is more reliable.
Mar 9, 2008 09:04
  • JABAROOTOO
You will find that almost any agency is reliable. I've never been over charged. You could try the CAAC office or even just go to the airport. I buy mine directly if I'm not in too much of a hurry.

Use the tab at the top of this page to check the prices, schedules etc and then you'll know if you are being ripped off. I often get tickets for less than these quoted prices.

Shenzhen is just as good as Guangzhou to fly out of.
Mar 10, 2008 03:47
  • BETWEENUS21
shenzhen is a nuce airport - but in terms of flight frequencies, there's not alot really - unlike guangzhou baiyun - just do a flight destinations check n one can see how many flights a day guangzhou baiyun offers daily to shanghai, kunming, beijing - as compared to shenzhen airport - and quite a number of domestic destinations are not even served from shenzhen.
Mar 10, 2008 04:46
  • SIMRED
Thanks for the information. I can get my ticket at either S or GZ but just wanted to be sure it is safe and reliable to do so. It looked a bit complicated to buy over the net with a foreign credit card and not knowing where to pick up the ticket in advance. Are tickets generally e tickets now in China? Thanks
Mar 10, 2008 07:53
  • BARONTWANGLE
Some tickets are e-tickets, but I guess it all depends on which airline you use. Good luck paying by credit card!!!

Mar 10, 2008 09:44
  • BETWEENUS21
for example once u searched yr flights throu ctrip - u can call them and let them know where u are and they will deliver the e-ticket(s) to u and pay on the spot - its a very simple process.
Mar 11, 2008 01:05
  • SIMRED
oh I see. So if for example I go over to Shenzhen for a day trip from Hong Kong as I plan to, then I could organise my ctrip ticket for a flight a few days later while I am there, and pick it up a few hours later that day in Shenzhen? I wasnt sure how to pay for elong flights if not by credit card online?
Mar 11, 2008 09:39
  • BETWEENUS21
yes its simple just call them ahead n arrange a meeting place - check their site online as all the contact numbers are there - ctrip is ok n reliable as believe they are fairly big company - prices are same as e-long - and off-peak flights are generally discounted by up to 40%.
Mar 11, 2008 09:55
  • BETWEENUS21
ctrip also have an office in hk - n its best u give them a call and very likely u can get yr tickets in hk too - their office is at :
Unit 2001, The Centrium, 60 Wyndham Street,
Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (852)21690918
Fax: (852)21690919
Mar 11, 2008 18:19
  • SIMRED
thanks so much. Really appreciate your help
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Buying domestic plane tickets out of Shenzhen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code