Menu
New York governor resigns for involving in "prostitution ring"
Mar 13, 2008 01:46
  • JOHNNY512
The governor of the New York State Eliot Spitzer declared his resignation from from the state on March 12. Eliot Spitzer has been caught on a federal wiretap arraging to meet with a high-priced prostitute at a Washington hotel in February.

Mr Spitzer has made an apology to the public on March 10 at a press conference.
Spitzer said:
“I have acted in a way that violates my obligation to my family and violates my or any sense of right or wrong,” “I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public to whom I promised better.”

“I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself. I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family.”

When he went to leave the press conference, three reporters called out, "Are you resigning? Are you resigning?", and Mr. Spitzer charged out of the room, slamming the door.

Two days later, Spitzer declared his resignation.

Mar 13, 2008 01:49
  • JOHNNY512
Gov. Eliot Spitzer, with his wife, Silda, made a statement to the news media on March 10.

Mar 13, 2008 10:41
  • LIONPOWER
Sorry
Mar 13, 2008 12:07
  • GRIZ326
He paid $4300 USD to spend 2 hours with this young woman.

Mar 13, 2008 15:24
  • GARYKINKADE
Easy come and easy go for Mr. Eliot Spitzer, and his wife Silda doesn't appear to be too happy either or maybe she's just trying to concentrate on the huge $ settlement in a possible divorce. Lets see, $2150/hr. x 24hrs.x 24yrs.(appx) or maybe more, hmmm.
Mar 13, 2008 16:26
  • MARRIE
This lets me remember maybe that is in Mark Twain’s story on a politician’s career was crashed during political election campaign, In that event, a couple of children with different colors ran into around this guy calling him dad.

And as Gary mentioned that Eliot’s wife seems to be waiting for huge lump sum support payment.

Hmm…more and more things seem to be commercialized including politics and marrigae. SIGH!

Mar 13, 2008 20:27
  • SHESGOTTOBE
No news yet if she is going to file for a divorce but even if she milks him for all his worth, I have no sympathy for him (serves him right for not using his brain). They have 3 teenage daughters.

Spitzer, you are *%$#$!?#*bleep!* @&%*censored*%$ @*!!!!

Hah! Now I feel better. ^_^”

Mar 13, 2008 21:50
  • LEONARDO
The prostitute was named " Client No.9". Her real name is Ashley, now called Kristen. She is an aspiring singer. She said to the media that she is broke and homeless. " I am all about my music, and my music is all about me" said she. Is she really keen on music?

Eliot Spitzer will possibly be accused of money-laundering. His scandal was leaked when he transferre the money to the high-priced prostitute's account. Does someone know Mann Act?It is said Spitzer is closely related to Mann Act.
Mar 13, 2008 22:05
  • GARYKINKADE
"The Mann Act of 1910" was enacted to address the problem(s) of prostitution or an illegal sexual act and prohibits transportation of any person(s) across state lines or territories for that purpose.
Mar 13, 2008 22:37
  • LEONARDO
Thanks GARYKINKADE! Now I understand. I guess Spitzer's attorney must be busy in helping Spitzer avoid being charged. ............................................................
...................................url=?
Mar 13, 2008 22:39
  • LEONARDO
Ouch, what's wrong?

Thanks GARYKINKADE! Now I understand. I guess Spitzer's attorney must be busy in helping Spitzer avoid being charged.

Oh, Spitzer's scandal must have some negative influence on Democrats' presidential race. How about his tie with Hillary? He announced his resignation at this critical moment for democrats' presidential campaign. I am suspecting his motive though he claimed that he does't want his private fallings to disrupt people's work. We all know that politicians are keen on political rhetoric. Did he face a huge political pressure from his own party Demorat before he announced his resignation from office? Democrats want more votes for Obama and Hilary from the public at the moment.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: New York governor resigns for involving in "prostitution ring"
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code