Menu
Solo Travel China/Japan?
Mar 14, 2008 06:14
guest52189 Hey all,

I am 19 year old, from Europe and I will be traveling to China and Japan in september for 1 month. I am planning to visit Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo, Japan. Any other city I should visit while in China? ( I will only stay in Tokyo for 5-7 days). Problem is, I don't know in what order I should visit cities. I was thinking of flying to Beijing, train to Hong Kong, from HK train to Shanghai and then by boat (or by air, if the ticket is not too expensive?) to Osaka and train to Tokyo. Is this route good?
Mar 16, 2008 10:23
  • JABAROOTOO
Have a look at a map before you decide to do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking of flying to Beijing, train to Hong Kong, from HK train to Shanghai and then by boat (or by air, if the ticket is not too expensive?) to Osaka and train to Tokyo. Is this route good?

Beijing is closer to Japan than any of the Chinese mainland cities.

Your best option would be to arrive in HK then take the train to Shanghai then on to Beijing and then by boat from one of the northern ports of Tianjian and Dalian to Japan.

You could also take in one of the smaller coastal cities for a bit more of the REAL China
Mar 20, 2008 22:34
  • BARONTWANGLE
Jabarootoo may have a very sill name, but he knows his geography! I would only suggest your original plan if you are intending to collect air miles. Otherwise, follow the Jaba's advice, and fly back from Japan. You don't say where you will be flying from in Europe, but if it is London, then look at www.oasishongkong.com for the cheapest flights from LGW to HKIA.
Post a Reply to: Solo Travel China/Japan?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code