Menu
Visiting China, via Hong Kong to ShenZhen
Jan 22, 2005 10:27
  • LAWBRY
Hello All,
I want to visit China...ShenZhen to be exact. I want to fly into Hong Kong, and then take some sort of transportation to the city of ShenZhen. I want to know if anyone has any information, on Visa's and should i get a double entry only if I go inland once & then depart after my 2 week visit is over. I want to come there in late April and stay the first week or so & then come back to the U.S. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated, since I have not been to China. I will be kind of lost without some kind of advanced help. Please if anyone can shed some extra light on this for me...I thank you!
LawBry
Jan 23, 2005 08:53
  • ANTHEA
For visa, you do not need to apply a double entry one since you have visa free time in Hong Kong, that's to say, you should only obtain a visa to Shenzhen, no visa needed to enter HK.
Jan 24, 2005 07:01
  • KOINE2002
As for getting to Shenzhen. You can go to a China Travel Service office, or another travel agent, and get a jet ferry ticket. There is a jet ferry (yes, a ferry powered by "jets") that runs to Shenzhen and back. You can pick it up in Kowloon, or there is a place you can take one from at/near the airport. I'd recommend a day or two in Hong Kong, either before or after, just because there is a lot to see and a lot of great noodle shops. Find a Lonely Planet guide on China, it'll tell you most of what you need to know. You can also apply for your visa once you get to Hong Kong.
Post a Reply to: Visiting China, via Hong Kong to ShenZhen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code