Menu
Bottled Water
Mar 15, 2008 10:55
  • GARYKINKADE
Is bottled water a "hot selling" and popular item in China. Reports from other areas (not China) indicated that bottlers(manufacturers) were using regular "tap" water instead of the supposed fresh and filtered spring water. The consumers were getting "ripped" off.
Mar 16, 2008 04:31
  • APAULT
I am sure that occurs here in some instances though with the low quality of tap water here it would be somewhat risky.

As an aside, a tudy was conducted in Australia a few years ago comparing bottled and tap water. The study showed that in most cases tap water was safer to drink.

Persoanlly, I consider it uncivilised to drink water that has not been treated with malt, hops and yeast!
Mar 16, 2008 12:48
  • GARYKINKADE
"Right ON" Mr. Paul----Truer words were never spoken.
Mar 16, 2008 13:53
  • MARRIE
yes, we are being ripped off. When buy something, first we tend to cut the price half that the vendor offer.then continue bargaining until the vendor almost gives up the idea of trading with you. several days or month later, sometimes we will find what we bought is a pile of garbage wearing and tearing so soon.

retailing mkt in china is bargaining mkt.
Mar 17, 2008 03:31
  • KEVIN0518
"Persoanlly, I consider it uncivilised to drink water that has not been treated with malt, hops and yeast!"

Paul, if you go to some rural areas, you might change your mind. People there just drink water from the well. Tap water from them is a luxurious thing let alone bottled water. To be honest, I drank tap water before and I am still healthy. It has nothing to do with civilization but health. It is understandable that foreigners want to drink bottled water in China because they are not accustomed to the environment.
Apr 1, 2008 22:24
  • CANADAGUY
>>"Persoanlly, I consider it uncivilised to drink water that has not been treated with malt, hops and yeast!"

Paul, if you go to some rural areas, you might change your mind. <<

Kevin it appears this one went over your head.
Paul was making a very funny joke about drinking (beer) not water!

Apr 2, 2008 22:03
  • GRIZ326
Are you in China KEVIN0518? If you are, you have adapted to the organisms in the water while a visitor to China will be vulnerable. I have never been sick because of food or water in China. Perhaps I built anti-bodies while I was sailing and visiting foreign ports.

As for foreigners drinking all of the bottled water, I saw many Chinese travelers carrying those water bottles too :-)

Apr 6, 2008 21:45
  • JIMMYB
"As for foreigners drinking all of the bottled water, I saw many Chinese travelers carrying those water bottles too :-)"

Griz, it is convenient to carry bottled water during traveling. At home, the yusually drink boiled water. Nowadays, many people drink purified water. But some people told me that purified water is bad for your health because it contains less minerals. On contrary, it takes away minerals in your body.
Apr 7, 2008 21:18
  • KEVIN0518
Kevin it appears this one went over your head.
Paul was making a very funny joke about drinking (beer) not water!

I didn't read Paul's words carefully, CANADAGUY. For me, I would rather drink tap water than beer. It tastes very bad and I don't want to have a beer belly.

Griz, I am in China. I think that I have adapted to the organisms in the water :-)
Post a Reply to: Bottled Water
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code