Menu
What Have You Achieved in Mandarin Learning?
Mar 18, 2008 04:39
  • ZOEY
For those who are learning Chinese, I have a question:" What have you achieved in Mandarin learning?" In Chinese, it means"你在汉语学习方面取得了那些进步?" I just want to know which level you are in. I am a little frustrated because people seem to have no interest in my Mandarin learning posts. I am wondering if they are too difficult for you. Your answers will help me choose proper materials to post here. Just hope they can help you make progress in Mandarin learning.
Mar 18, 2008 10:03
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Zoey,
Many of us a trying to learn and while I do enjoy your posts I'm not as familiar with the Chinese Characters as I should be so I have to spend a lot of time trying to find them in the dictionary and then what I see is hard to interpret.

I still need to see the pinyin as this helps me to read and pronounce words and then perphaps I am able to understand.

Of the characters that you have written in this post, I can read about 75% but I cannot quite comprehend the meaning until I look up the others and even then I may not fully comprehend but I can make a good guess.

There are some that I can read in context simply because I know the saying and some of the Hanzi.

'jin bu' for instance. I have some rather complimentary friends who think my Chinese has improved a lot so now I have learned how to say it and can understand when others make such a comment.

Mar 20, 2008 03:03
  • ZOEY
Thanks, Jabarootoo. The equivalent in English for 进步 (Jin 4 Bu 4) is progress. Here is another way of saying "你在汉语学习方面取得了那些进步?" in English----- How much progress have you made in your Mandarin learning? Is this easy to understand?

I guess that many foreigners who are learning Chinese feel that 拼音 (Pin 1 Yin 1) is easier than 汉字 (Han 4 Zi 4). And many can speak several sentences but can't write in Chinese.
Mar 21, 2008 23:10
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Hi Zoey!

Please do not give up and please do not get frustrated. I think you are doing a very noble thing. I love your posts. I may not be saying or posting anything but I deeply appreciate your efforts. I know it is not easy. But I like to read back on your posts when I can. I also love your Chinese idioms or proverbs. Keep it up! ^_^

I will not pretend that I remotely know Chinese because I do not but your posts are keeping the interest alive. Thank you!
Mar 27, 2008 05:33
  • PUTONGHUA
I know about 300 characters from some books I bought and help from some friends :-) (not really that much) :-D
Mar 27, 2008 10:01
  • GARYKINKADE
Yes Zoey, don't give up the post. Lots of people probably are observing but just not giving you feed back. I'm saving your information to file as an added aid in learning the language(but I've got a long, long ,long way to go.
Mar 27, 2008 21:58
  • ZOEY
Thank you all. I will keep continuing my posts since there are people like you guys who encourage me and observe my posts. This makes me realize that my posts are useful.
Apr 14, 2008 12:24
  • DSJC
Hello Zoey do we know each other
your name reminds me of my sister
Apr 27, 2008 00:10
  • ROBIN3256
Hello Zoey, I am sorry to tell you there is something wrong in your sentence.
"你在汉语学习方面取得了那些进步?"
right one :
"你在汉语学习方面取得了哪些进步?"
usually, for a comfirm sentence, we use 那, but in a question or not sure sentence, it is 哪.
and the pronunciation is different too, 那is the fourth tongue, but 哪 is third tongue.
Dont' be frestrated, you should know, even we, Chinese, can't learn all Chineese culture in our lives, so try your best and realize you have made progress every day. It is enough.
Wish you happy learning Chinese.

Robin in shanghai
Apr 28, 2008 04:53
  • ZOEY
Thanks for pointing out my mistakes, Robin. I understand the difference between 那 and 哪. You see, I used google Pinyin to type my sentence and it turned out as "你在汉语学习方面取得了那些进步?" Next time, I will check out if it is correct before "submit".
Post a Reply to: What Have You Achieved in Mandarin Learning?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code