Menu
Is it safe in China?
Mar 21, 2008 19:47
guest54109 I want to go to Xian, Beijing and Tibet. Is it safe?
Mar 21, 2008 22:44
  • ELLYSE
Tibet Autonomous Region is off-limits to foreigners at the moment so you can't even get there.
Xi'an and Beijing are safe. Just be on the usual alert (as you should be anywhere else) for pickpockets and scammers.
Mar 21, 2008 22:45
OF COURSE,China is not a battleplace,neither savage.
Mar 22, 2008 13:26
  • APAULT
It is both savage and a battlefield on the city roads!!! The footsoldiers (pedestrians) are expendable!
Mar 23, 2008 16:42
Most areas are safe. Just try to avoid some areas in Sichuan, Gansu, etc.
Mar 23, 2008 19:26
  • SUSAN205060
Our country is safe and just remind not to stay too late during night in some suburbs place.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng
MSN:hotmail.com|Susan205060
Mar 24, 2008 12:22
Planning to go to Chengdu and Emei Shan in July, do you think these parts of Sichuan may be more dangerous now? I have read of rising military activity in Chengdu lately.
Mar 24, 2008 13:10
  • ELLYSE
In Sichuan province, but I haven't really heard of anything really major around Chengdu or Emeishan.
Mar 24, 2008 15:14
I hope so! Me and my sister are going to china in July this year. We are hearing lots of stuff in the news about Tibet and china and the Olympics and wondering whether we should cancel. We really dont want to though.
Mar 24, 2008 18:22
HOLYGUACAMOLE - I have the same dilema, I don't think that the situation in TAR will affect mainland China too much but in provinces such as Sichuan or Gansu there may be some unrest...
But everything might change till July in that matter so as long as you don't plan on visiting TAR or western Sichuan I think you shouldn't worry.
BTW - I think the rising activity of the military in Chengdu is because the troops are being deployed from there to TAR.
I think all we can do for now is keep ourselves updated on the news and contact your embassy in China in order to get info whether your travel itinerary is safe.
Mar 24, 2008 18:28
I just noticed HOLYGUACAMOLE is going on an organised tour - I think in that case there isn't much to worry - they won't take you to dangerous areas, nobody likes there clients being killed, do they...
Anyway- I think that if it gets hot in any other regions in China, the authorities will put those areas off limits for foreigners the way they have done with TAR at the moment...
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it safe in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code