Menu
Really amazing! How can they make it?
Mar 25, 2008 02:24
  • CHERRY07
According to a report, a big image of Li Bai, a famous poet in the Tang Dynasty, was formed by about 800 mu of rapeflowers. It is said that a Cultural Dissemination Company has spent 110000 yuan to finish it just in 7 months. As the company said, they made this just to commemorate Li Bai. However, some people disclosed that the company just took advantage of this big image to create a Guinness World Record. After the harvest, Li Bai will disappear. I wonder if it is worth spending 110000 yuan to create a Guiness Record. What do you think of this idea?

Mar 25, 2008 14:50
  • GRIZ326
New wealth breeds all sorts of silliness.
Mar 25, 2008 21:14
  • JIMMYB
Why are they so crazy about Guinness Record? Boring!

"New wealth breeds all sorts of silliness"

Exactly. They have enough money to burn.
Mar 25, 2008 21:24
  • BARONTWANGLE
Griz - "New wealth breeds all sorts of silliness" - is that why most Americans are very silly?!

The attached image at the top is not real - it has been seriously manipulated with software. I am not saying that this place doesn't exist, but am just pointing out that the photo is not genuine.
Mar 25, 2008 21:33
  • GRIZ326
It is not great wealth causing the current wackiness in the USA, BARONTWANGLE. Television, movies, drugs, alcohol and bad parenting are just a few of the reasons the American ship of state broad side to the waves; those problems are pretty rare in China today. I hope those things remain rare for China's sake.
Mar 26, 2008 06:25
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
If I were the makers of that mural impression, I would have included some mazes to make some scrilla off of that investment. Much like the haunted corn mazes int he US during Halloween.
Mar 26, 2008 11:49
  • GARYKINKADE
I'll have to agree with Griz on this one, and hope the Chinese youth does not make the same mistakes.
Mar 26, 2008 21:25
  • JIMMYB
Actually, some Chinese youth have made the same mistakes many times. The above is just one example. Talking about Guinness, many Chinese people or companies have tried their best to create Guinness records, inviting 3000 people to play Chinese zither together, making a very big T shirt etc. Thus, they will be well known to others. To earn fame, they do what they can do. Take Sister Lotus for example, she usually does something unusual or says some amazing words. After some female stars (not all) were disclosed in Edison Chen's sex photo scandal, she even claimed that she was one of those who haven't been exposed to the public.
Apr 1, 2008 06:16
  • BARONTWANGLE
The West has made so many mistakes on its path to modernisation, and you would hope that China would learn from these mistakes, and avoid making the same ones. However, and rather depressingly, I am already seeing the same old mistakes starting to happen. The biggest one is greed, although most people in the West haven't learnt from this mistake yet either.
Sep 24, 2008 23:33
GUEST18190 indian maze
Post a Reply to: Really amazing! How can they make it?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code