Menu
F visa to L visa
Mar 26, 2008 01:33
guest13666 hi everyone!

I'am holding a F visa now, which expires in middle of august. As I want to travel through china for about 21 days, I want to apply for a L-visa here in beijing, if this is possible!?
If not, I consider the option of traveling to Hongkong to apply there for a L visa. Due to the fact, that I need to book my flight home now, I need to be sure, which option would be successful?

Thanks
Mar 26, 2008 07:20
  • JABAROOTOO
Do you plan to travel after your current F visa expires. If not than just travel on your F visa.
Mar 27, 2008 01:10
GUEST13666 Yes, I want to travel after the expiry date of my current F visa.
Mar 29, 2008 07:09
  • APAULT
You should apply for an L visa in China. You are likely to get only 1 month but that appears to meet your needs.

Note that there is no such thing as converting the visa, you apply for a new visa on its merits BUT BUT be warned that the new visa replaces the previous one IMMEDIATELY. So if it is issued 14 days before you finish work, you will have only 16 days after you finish. Conversely, if you apply on the last day of the validity of your existing visa, you will have a few days without a visa while they process your new one. Interesting approach!
Post a Reply to: F visa to L visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code