Menu
Teaching English and Living in Changsha, Hunan Province
Dec 9, 2005 09:39
  • SRIDHARK
Hi Anthea,

I have 2 boys 10 yrs (Grade 4) and 6 yrs (Grade 1) currenty studying in Beijing, in International school. I am now spending 3-4 days in Changsha for work and my family still stay in Beijing. The commute back and forth to beijing is tiring. Are there are international schools in Beijing or other schools teaching in English medium? Pls help
Dec 22, 2005 05:39
  • TANJA
Hi Jane, my name is Tanja Hoderlein, 21 years old and from
Germany. In 2004 I passed my A-Level. Then I was working for one
year as an au pair in America. After my return in September 2005
my boyfriend and I decided to go for half a year to China/Changsha
in February. He will write his diploma their and I need a job to life
their, too. But it´s hard to find a job and I hope you can help me. I
would prefer to take care of kids again. But I´m open minded
maybe I could work as an english/german teacher or maybe you
know somthing else. I´m looking forward to hear from you!! My
email address is gmx.net|tanja.hoderlein -
Nov 19, 2007 20:48
GUEST28335

I write to inform you that I will like to work with you as an English Language Teacher.
Please find attached my CV.
Regards
Felix Okafor
gmail.com|popsyleo.connections

Mar 6, 2008 14:27
GUESTPHEAGLER HI ALL,

I HAVE JUST FOUND THIS THREAD. I AM PLANNING TO MOVE TO CHANGSHA WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR. CAN ANYONE TELL MORE OF THE REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A POSITION AS A TEACHER IN ONE OF THE SCHOOLS IN THIS CITY? ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE COST OF LIVING. CAN YOU ALSO GIVE THE THE APPROXIMATE COST OF AN APARTMENT. TWO PLUS BEDROOMS ETC.
THANK YOU
PHEAGLER
Jul 20, 2008 23:35
GUESTTRAVELLER Changsha is the city in Hunan, I would sugguest you try travelling into the small town/village like places :- LOUDI / LENG SHUI JIANG/ XIN HUA. Yuo will get to know the actual life of the native chinese. Not forgettting Hunan is the hometown of MAO TZE DONG.

I m a Asian and have been to Changsha many XX and also to the small town / village.
I spent most of my spare X at the Lake Side in Changsha,, mostly with couple of friends having dinner and beer or just visit the shopping area at BU XIN JIE, a huge shopping arena where you can get almost everythings you need, and it will take you a whole day to shop till you are really tired..but keep in-mind, do not trust anybody that offer help even though they might look presentable or kindhearted. Mostly these are scam to cheap..
Always remember to memorise you destination route.. get help from surrounding 4/5 star hotels if you really need it.

Jul 20, 2008 23:48
GUEST21432 Hi GUESTPHE,

You want to know the cost of living in Changsha !!!!
FIrstly , where are you from and if you are a china citizen , where is your hometown or where have you been residing for the past years.

I need to know before giving you a reply on the cost of living in Changsha..

I m from Shenzhen and have been staying in Between Shenzhen and Changsha for the past 3 years...honestly I prefer to stay in Changsha/HUNAN because the daily expenses are really low.

I m not a china citizen, but I work in Shenzhen, spent most of my long holidays in HUNAN/Changsha..

If you have the intention to move to Changsha, kindly reply. Thank you
Oct 29, 2008 03:43
GUEST57167 Hi I have to confess that i am a Chinese. It seems I am bursting into you foreighers' place. I am sorry i just come across by chance!
I am a girl from a real, pure, beautiful, village in Changde, Hunan. If you are interested in my hometown, I will be glad to help you. I mean I could be your tourist guide without charge----I just want to let know i am not stam people who 'd like to cheat for your money!
My name is Ziyue.
MSN: sina.com|cherrish1105
Feb 2, 2009 02:50
GUEST76251 Hi, just saw your post, first time on the forum. Have to make a quick decision on a teaching position in Changsha! Currently live in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. Offer will be 5,000 RMB per month, perhaps more, plus free apartment, bonuses, health care, utilities paid, etc.

Any info on whether this is good standard of living in Changsha (e.g., allows for travel, savings, etc.) is greatly appreciated. I have visited the city and like it. Please reply to yahoo.com|roy_holley2000 if you can help, as I likely not be back on the forum. Thanks very much!

Roy
Feb 23, 2009 10:25
  • MCKNIB
How do Roy,

This site may be of use to you:

http://www.chinatefl.com/hunan/teach/hn_csyf.htm#3

This guy is the director of English First in Chansha it gives you a lot of info plus photo's etc and contact details

Best
Billy
100%happy
Jul 30, 2009 06:40
GUEST61459 tell me the cost of food and other utilities per month in changsha, hunan, china. can some survive on 1700 yuan per month.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Teaching English and Living in Changsha, Hunan Province
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code