Menu
China Visa for Filipinos (M) Current Status?
Mar 26, 2008 08:26
  • SMALLVILLE
Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie in this forum, but I hope my inquiry is welcome here though.

Anyway, I want to apply for an "L-Visa" for China, either double or multiple, whichever would be approved. I'm a Filipino citizen, 26 M and have lived in HK before. Some of my family members and relatives are HK Residents, but I am not because I went back to the Philippines to continue my studies in the University.

My question is this, I've heard that China seems to be pretty strict when it comes to issuing Visas, especially for Filipinos, but I'm not sure how true is this though. I've heard also that they are more strict on giving Visas to Filipinas (F) than the Filipinos (M) until the Beijing Olympics. Does anyone know about these facts and what are the chances of me getting an "L-Visa" if I apply it in HK instead of here in the Philippines? What are some of the things I need to take note of when applying for an "L-Visa" aside from those listed on the site? I was hoping to get a Multiple L-Visa because I'm also interested in watching the Olympics.

Any help regarding this matter is highly appreciated.
Mar 30, 2008 03:34
  • SMALLVILLE
I already got my visa without any hassle whatsoever, so the Admins or Moderators may now close this thread.

Cheers!
Apr 18, 2008 09:55
  • JCNILE123
by Guy Newey 35 minutes ago
HONG KONG (AFP) - China has imposed further curbs on visitors, just weeks after it stopped issuing multiple-entry visas, Hong Kong travel agents said Friday, sparking concern among the business community.
"You now need a copy of your travel ticket both in and out of the country and a hotel voucher before they accept a visa application. Without that they will reject it," said Daryl Bending, a travel consultant with Concorde Travel.
Another agent said visitors from 33 countries -- including India, the Philippines and Indonesia -- were no longer allowed to apply for China visas in Hong Kong and would have to apply at their local Chinese embassies.
A statement on the website of the Chinese Foreign Ministry in Hong Kong said that there had been a "recent drastic rise" in the number of applicants.
"To spare applicants of the unnecessary trouble, for non-resident of Hong Kong, please apply for the Chinese visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate-general in his or her home country or resident country," it said.
A Hong Kong government spokeswoman said: "The Hong Kong government has reflected the views/concerns of the Hong Kong business community to the relevant mainland authorities."
Travel agents in several Asian countries previously said China had stopped issuing multiple-entry visas several weeks ago and that they had been told the service would not be resumed until after the Beijing Olympics, which take place in August.
Hong Kong residents will still be able to get a short-term visa from travel agents to the border city of Shenzhen without hotel and travel tickets, Concorde Travel's Bending said.
But a visa granted at the border, popular among those taking day trips to Shenzhen for shopping or business, was no longer available, he added.
Jan 4, 2009 02:39
GUEST22968 how did you get is hassle free, been having a hard time to get one for my roommate who is female...thanks
Jan 5, 2009 10:28
  • APAULT
It can be more difficult for some nationalities than others. It partly depends on whether theyconsider your nationals are likely to overstay or be involved in illegal activities. If you follow the guidelines in your country you should have minimal hassle: but that does not mean to say it will always be easy or your desired visa will be granted.
Post a Reply to: China Visa for Filipinos (M) Current Status?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code