Menu
New to this forum so I am iutroducing myself
Apr 23, 2008 12:58
  • YENJAMES
Well rather than starting a new thread I will just stick to this one. I arrived Baiyun International Airport at 8:15pm after a relatively uneventful trip Atlanta to LA than on to Guangzhou. The first sign of trouble was when no one from the company was anywhere to be seen. So luckily I had purchased a sim card for my phone and proceeded to make phone calls...lol I finally got in touch with the recruiter that hired me who is in Malaysia, he in turn contacted the company who called the hotel who said they couldn't find me. The hotel sent a driver back to the airport and I found him. Arrived at the hotel and during check in asked for my credit card I said no the company is paying for my stay. he hotel made some calls in which I was informed that they just made my reservation and that I should pay and be reimbursed later to which I replied **** NO we are not going to play this game you need me more than I need you not to mention I have a family to support that is in Jakarta now that depends on the credit cards and bank account. They told the clerk something and he checked me in. Got a call from the recruiter who said I thought we had an understanding you would pay and be reimbursed, I said no I told you that my finances are being strained from having my family go to Jakarta while awaiting the transition here in China and if I could I would pay but since you decided to book a 5 star hotel that it was not my problem I would have been fine with a boarding house so we amicably agreed to settle the finances tomorrow. Now I'm in my room had dinner chatted with my wife but still feel bothered, my wife said I did the right thing by sticking to how I know things should be and that if I let them get away with just this tiny thing they would feel like they could get away with more. But I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with this new company, so does anyone have any thoughts or did I handle the situation properly? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Oh BTW sorry for such a long post.
Apr 23, 2008 20:01
  • DODGER
I thought you did the right thing. just make sure you get every thing in writing. That means following up a phone conversation with an email confirming the content of the call and then of course saving to a file.
Dodger.
Apr 24, 2008 15:51
  • YENJAMES
Thanks for the reply and support. It turns out that that since I work for GAMECO through a contract house they were not to happy to find out that they had not paid for the hotel and since they really need and want us here (they got a big Fed Ex contract and are moving the Fed Ex Asia hub from the Philippines to Guangzhou) since Fed Ex aircraft are U.S. registered GAMECO needs FAA licensed technicians on staff to maintain FAA MRO certification, it was worked out rather quickly. Well tomorrow is the physical and then some off time to explore and rest. Also we were told that March 1st through the 5th are holidays so no work, wow this beats my 10 hour days 6 sometimes 7 days a week schedule back in the states...lol Again Thanks
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: New to this forum so I am iutroducing myself
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code