Menu
Reviews of Different Chinese Language Tools (and other Fun Stuff)
Mar 26, 2008 19:37
guest77911 On my blog I started writing some simple reviews of different Chinese language learning resources I come across. I take some video screenshots and write what I like about the tools. I try to find tools which I think are pretty handy and different than the rest of the stuff out there. One of those tools is a website by Quickmandarin that has a pinyin flash based quiz game, a really useful pinyin audio board, and a tone game which tests your ability to identify tones. The cool thing is everything is free.

Website Name: Quick Mandarin’s Pinyin Tools
The Good: The interactive audio board makes for a good reference while the games and quizzes can help with your listening skills. The games are simple and easy to play.
The Bad: The layout of the website is a little confusing at first (there are a lot of sections on the website). Some of the names of the game could be a little more descriptive (Pinyin Blue Quiz comes to mind). The Pinyin Blue Quiz was a little buggy as well.

You can check out the full review here (http://blog.howma.com/?p=60) before you decide if it's worth your time. Let me know what you guys think!
Mar 27, 2008 09:37
  • JABAROOTOO
Thanks for this introduction to the site.

I've had a good look around and it's got some good stuff. Especially the English and pinyin input systems. I was looking for something like this so that I could include the names of places in Chinese instead of just the Pinyin

When I get more time I'll look around at some of the other stuff but I think for beginners the tone chart is a great idea.
I'll pass this on to friends.
Post a Reply to: Reviews of Different Chinese Language Tools (and other Fun Stuff)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code