Menu
Do you listen to Chinese songs, my fellows?
Apr 2, 2008 20:10
  • LEMONCACTUS
I think listening to music and translating songs is a great idea. I've translated quite a few but I don't know who the singers/bands are, inlcuding:

美丽的神话, 至少还有你, 零 and 寂寞的季节.

I don't think these are easy songs to translate, the lyrics are quite complicated, but they're interesting :)
Apr 5, 2008 22:14
  • JIMMYB
Marrie,where did you get the translation? Or it is your translation? Better than mine :-)

Lemoncactus, the songs you listed sounds good. I wonder if you have watched the Myth. It is worth watching. BTW, Jackie Chan and Kim Hee Sun, Sun Nan and Han Hong have performed 美丽的神话. Which do you prefer? 零 is performed by Alan Kuo, the son of Orr, Sau Leung who is a racer. It sounds good. 寂寞的季节 is sung by David Tao who is famed as the father of R&M in Taiwan. It sounds a little bit sentimental.

BTW, your name sounds strange. Why do you choose Lemon and Cactus?
Apr 6, 2008 21:25
  • JCNILE123
I love Chinese pop music, my Girl Friend selected many CD’s for me to bring back home, after 7 months listening to it, I can tell you I have come to enjoy it very much.
Apr 6, 2008 22:16
  • JIMMYB
JC, can you understand what they are singing after seven months' listening to them? Whose albums do you usually listen to? BTW, I wonder if you listen to Jay Chou's songs. Really hard to know what he is humming. Many Chinese even don't know what he hums. But I enjoy listening to his songs. Just look at my avatar, it is Jay Chou.
Apr 9, 2008 02:57
  • JUNELI
OH YEAH!!

Jay Chou

I love him!!!!! and his soft song!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2008 00:34
  • LEMONCACTUS
JimmyB, sorry I didn't spot this earlier.

Yes, I've seen the movie, but I watched it in Chinese and was a bit bewildered to be honest.

Yes, sorry to say this but I don't think Jackie Chan has a very good voice, the other version of 美丽的神话 by Sun Nan and Han Hong is a million times better. Especially the man's voice.

零 is one of my favourite Chinese songs actually, I like to play it at a high volume... haha!

Thanks for the info on the performers.

As for the name... I'd like to say something interesting... but the truth is that a friend bought me a fizzy drink once, years ago... and the brand name was lemoncactus and I thought it was cool. Some say it's because I'm sour (lemon) and spiky (cactus)..... but I'm not really... :)

LC
May 16, 2008 12:05
GUEST57244 I too like Deng Li Jun's songs especially 我和你. Can someone translate the lyrics and post them in this forum?
May 17, 2008 15:57
  • AMADOR
I just see now this post. Beatifull song indeed and good to learn Chinese.
Dec 28, 2010 19:58
  • COOLSPRINGS
I have been loving Chinese Mongolian folk songs that bring you back the boundlessness of natural beauty that shakes your bones!

The suns is rising over the range
Dec 28, 2010 19:59
  • COOLSPRINGS
Lovers' Tent
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you listen to Chinese songs, my fellows?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code