Menu
Do you usually receive junk messages?
Mar 28, 2008 03:23
  • SUNNYDREAM
Cell phone and email have become an important means of communication. It has brought great convenience to our daily lives. Nevertheless, it can be really annoying when you received countless junk messages day after day. Some messages are vulgar and mean-spirited. How you usually deal with the junk messages? What do you think of the spammers? Do they have nothing to do and just idle? Why don’t they do something more meaningful?
Mar 28, 2008 06:59
I get loads sent to me on my e-mail address, mainly from the US, but not on my phone.
The funniest one sent to me on my Facebook account, was from a young Chinese lady wanting to have sex with me, I didn't tell Jing though I
just deleted it, Honest!!
Alan
Mar 28, 2008 18:08
GUESTGUESTPKO I get loads sent to me on my e-mail address

That's because you are so attractive!

and use free e-mail service.
Mar 28, 2008 23:51
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Who doesn’t? If the emails come from some senders I don’t even know I just delete them. I don’t even open them. Most of them are trying to sell you something while some are sexually suggestive. Spammers are busy people actually and they make lots of money in this business.
Mar 29, 2008 05:43
  • IBAUSSIE
I used to get a lot through the internet,emails etc.You can get software programs to edit out spam and most email services nowadays provide some methods to do the same.
I went through a period of getting emails from africa and nigeria promising to sent millions to my account if i send them the details,hello who believes this stuff.
Also i have been informed that i have won millions in the Great Britain Lotto on numerous occasions,funny,dont remember buying a ticket.lol.
I make it a policy that if i do not recognise the sender i delete it without opening it or mark as spam for my provider to deal with.
I do not receive any on my cell phone.Just lucky i guess
Mar 29, 2008 10:41
  • JCNILE123
(((Do you usually receive junk messages?)))

You get what you pay, if yours are a free e-mail that equals to = junk mail

The best pay e-mail to my opinion is hotmail.com, equals to = zero junk mail.
Mar 29, 2008 11:00
  • LIONPOWER
To avoid junk in mail folder have so many setting option. To use these setting option we may avoid junk mails.
Mar 29, 2008 22:12
  • GRIZ326
I do not know about mobile telephones, however, for email I know some security rules:

* Delete all junk mail
* Never follow/open a link in an email unless you know the sender
* Never open attachments
* Run an antivirus program on every downloaded file before you run the downloaded program

...just the security geek in me :-)
Post a Reply to: Do you usually receive junk messages?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code