Menu
Moving to China
Apr 8, 2004 14:04
  • WALT

I am very impressed by your site and it has been very helpful to me and my Fiance.
He has been offered a job in Henan Province and we are both very excited for this opportunity.
We have a small dog (Shih Tzu) and would like to bring her along with us. Would you know if she would need to go into quaranteen if she was comming to China from the United States? If so, how long. It would be very appreciated if you knew the answer to this question.
Thank you so much,
Apr 8, 2004 14:08
  • EASTEFEN
Hi,

I read much Chinese resources and I hope the following can be of any help.

According to the regulations of China's custom, each traveller can bring only one pet (including cat, dog and other small animals) into China. The pet must bear a valid Health Quarantine Certificate and a Hydrophobia Immunity Certificate issued by your local Animal and Plant Inspection and Quarantine Authority. You will be required to present them when booking
tickets and passing the China's custom.

When you book your air ticket, you also need to make sure the airlines you choose permit their passengers to bring their pets. Even though your pet is trained excellently, sometimes it would be bring harm to other people. So, you need to consult with the airlines first.

And, when you arrive in China, the costume will ask you to show the Health Quarantine Certificate and a Hydrophobia Immunity Certificate of your pet and maybe make some inspection and quarantine for your pet.

Of course, the procedure is somewhat troublesome. But if your lovely pet pass this inspection, it can legally have a new home in China.

For detailed information, you can contact with your local airplane company and also the Chinese Embassies and Consulates in your countries. Visit the link below.

http://travelchinaguide.com/embassy/embassy_list.htm
Apr 8, 2004 14:32
  • WALT
Thank you so much for all your helpful tips!
Jun 12, 2011 06:23
  • ATTA_BUTT
Its helpful for new passengers, people who has pit and they are interested to visit may ask question according to rules and regulations.
Post a Reply to: Moving to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code