Menu
Do Chinese women whistle at men?
Mar 30, 2008 11:36
  • GRIZ326
When my father was a young man, American men whistled at women they thought were sexy. That whistle was called a "wolf whistle."

A number of times my gal has whistled at me. She told me that Chinese women whistle at men. Why do Chinese women whistle at men?

;-)
Mar 30, 2008 20:25
  • LEONARDO
Really? I seldom saw women whistle at men. In China, a man who often whistles at women is viewed as a dude. We regard "whistling at someone of opposite sex" as a frivolous and flirtatious behavior. In my lifetime, (only a little more than twenty years), I haven' t seen any Chinese women whistle at men. I did see some guys whistle at women with the flirtatious intent.
Apr 12, 2008 21:07
GUEST11776 I wish a gem perfect 10 chinese woman would whistle at me young with beautiful smile and has a big heart for me.
Apr 13, 2008 08:56
  • JABAROOTOO
In some of the minorities the girls initiate flirtatious behaviour leading to dating and marriage by singing to the boys and if they sing back to their satisfaction the girls may choose the ones they prefer.

Don't know about the whistling though............
Apr 13, 2008 22:42
  • ICEBLUE
Singing love songs is common in many places of China. Whistling at men are rare. As Leonardo pointed out, whistling at someone of opposite sex is viewed as flirtatious behavior. If any woman who whistles at men, she is not a gentle-lady in the average people's mind.
Post a Reply to: Do Chinese women whistle at men?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code