Menu
Countries not requiring a visa for Chinese?
Apr 1, 2008 17:58
  • JCNILE123
Canadaguy, Colombia and Ecuador just change its rules, no visa required for Chinese citizens.
Apr 1, 2008 18:44
  • GARYKINKADE
I didn't ask the question JIMMYB, but that was a good and probably time consuming job you did on the list.
Apr 1, 2008 22:14
  • CANADAGUY
>>Canadaguy, Colombia and Ecuador just change its rules, no visa required for Chinese citizens.

Thanks JC I didn't know that about Ecuador.

Apr 1, 2008 22:15
  • CANADAGUY
Yes I agree Gary. I already thanked Jimmy, but I'll thank him again for his efforts here on this!

Apr 2, 2008 17:28
GUEST60215 Are Chinese allowed to travel to Peru
May 4, 2008 17:22
  • CANADAGUY
>>No.5 DOMINICA (not Dominican Republic). You can stay there with your round trip ticket. <<

Jimmy, it appears that there still is discrimination with respect to the Chinese.

" Nationalities that Require No Pre-approval to Enter Dominica for up to 21 Days

Argentina
Belgium
Costa Rica
Denmark
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Luxembourg
Malta
Mexico
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Taiwan
United Kingdom
United States
Venezuela

Please note that the following nationalities do now require visas: China, India, Nigeria."

May 4, 2008 20:19
  • JIMMYB
"Jimmy, it appears that there still is discrimination with respect to the Chinese."

Yes. When reading the materials that I had found, I noticed that some Chinese complained about this.
May 5, 2008 05:46
  • APAULT
It is not 'discrimination' as such. Each country makes rules for each nationality based on a number of things. This includes reciprocal arrangements with that country, whether there is a tendency to overstay visas or break other laws. Discrimination is a subjective word, a better word, used in the insurance industry is 'actuarial' - ie based on objected measurement of risk.
May 13, 2008 14:12
  • CANADAGUY
>>Canadaguy, Colombia and Ecuador just change its rules, no visa required for Chinese citizens.<<

JC, I have discovered that even Columbia and Ecuador require visas from Chinese.

Ecuador was about to sign an agreement with China a few months ago, but they both backed out the last minute.

Columbia did not require visas from Jan. 2007 - Jan. 2008, but they have gone back to the previous visa requirements that were in place.

I still do not know of any countries in the *west* that don't require visas for Chinese to visit. If you do know of any, please do let me know!

Thanks!

May 13, 2008 14:23
  • CANADAGUY
>>No.2 ARUBA. Not only Chinese citizens but also other tourists from the world enjoy the privilege except people from Bengali and Afghanistan. In addition, you have to bear in mind that you are only allowed to stay in the country for 14 days. <<

Jimmy, unfortunately this information is not accurate either.
Chinese do require visas to visit Aruba.
I just confirmed this.

Page 2 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Countries not requiring a visa for Chinese?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code