Menu
Popular ways to propose marriage
Apr 1, 2008 03:18
guestacademia
I am researching on the expressions of proposal for marriage. I have collected some proposal expressions, but still need to know some more information. Did you remember what you said to your girlfriend when you proposed to her? Ladies, can you stil remember how your boyfriends propose to you? I am working hard to figure out what the popular ways to win over a girl’s heart are. Hereunder are some expressions I collectred: (Some are blunt and explicit: some are euphemistic.)

1. Will you marry me?
Would you be my wife/husband?
2. I think it's time we took some vows.
I think it's time we settled down...
I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
I want to be with you forever.
3. Let's get hitched!
Let's tie the knot!
4. I want to have your children.

An extra question: who usually propose, men or women? In your case, who proposed first, you or your spouse?
Apr 1, 2008 10:26
  • GRIZ326
In America, the women hint that they want to get married; the men usually propose. I think the statement and question below will do if you find yourself tongue-tied.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

Apr 1, 2008 15:12
  • RALPHH
Not long after we met my fiancé said to me 'I spent the first 20 years of my life in Heilongjiang and the second 20 years in Dalian. I want to spend the next 20 years with you.' Hopefully she will agree to extend that a bit if I am lucky enough to live that long.
Apr 1, 2008 22:14
  • LEONARDO
Guest,

I heard this one from a movie, though it is touching. Share it with you:

I guarantee there will tough times; I guarantee at some point, one or both of bus will want to get out of this thing, but I also guarantee if I don't ask you to be mine, I will regret it for the rest of my life since I know, in my heart you are the only one for me.

Hopefully, it is of help to your research.
Apr 2, 2008 22:13
  • SHESGOTTOBE
That’s a sweet one, Leonardo. Completely honest, unselfish and not being cliché. No illusions, just telling it as it is.
Apr 2, 2008 23:56
  • GARYKINKADE
"Come, let us grow old together"
Apr 3, 2008 01:14
When I proposed to my first wife I got on one knee and asked will you marry me? her responce was yes of course I will.
My second proposal was done via e-mail and repeated on Valentines day ( last year ) thankfully she said yes.
Alan
Apr 3, 2008 09:13
  • HOFSTETTER06
I asked my wife on a carraige ride in New Orleans ( will you spend the rest of your life with me?) . I had a bottle of Champagne stashed. While we were on the ride I had the hotel fix us dinner in our room...candlelight, roses the whole works. She was very impressed. Now 10 years later she jokes that I used up all my romantic ideas in one night. Trying to think up something for Beijing next month
Apr 3, 2008 16:54
  • IBAUSSIE
I got down on one knee and said"I love you so much,will you marry me"
My love said "yes" ...........the happiest moment of my life,.....well i know there will be many many more.
peter
Post a Reply to: Popular ways to propose marriage
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code