Menu
english teacher needed in fushun near shenyang .
Apr 2, 2008 03:22
  • BELLA
Hello,the school i work at is looking for a teacher,i teach senior high school grade 1,i will be leaving the end of this month to get married and do some traveling.
pay is 6000rmb 20 lessons 1 week, free acomodation in the school its a big apartment,everything is western,microwave,fridge tv,dvd free internet,computer leather sofas its very modern and clean. I really hope i can find a teacher before i leave,i feel bad leaving them half way through there term.feel free to ask me any questions. oh and they will sort your visa out too,2 years ago when i 1st came china it was on a L visa and the school got me the resident visa,i dont know how they got it but i think they know the right people.
Apr 2, 2008 11:40
  • APAULT
Be fair, tell them what the city is like - no-one goes there if they are aware how bad the pollution is. It is the most polluted city I have been to in the world. In one day, you get a thick black chemical grime ovver everything, the air is foul, and ythe pavements (sidewalks in American) are in SERIOUS need of repair. I should be fair too, that was my experience 2 years ago.

Sorry to thwart your efforts Bella, but it is a terrible place.
Apr 2, 2008 23:04
  • BELLA
The high school is near the mountains so the pollution is not that bad,everyone says bad things about fushun but i really like it here,the people are so friendly and helpful. its only for the rest of this term teaching them,i just really want to find them a good teacher,i have learned alot from the people in this city.
Apr 3, 2008 17:57
GUEST18146 Hi - I am Andrew.
I have lived in Fushun city for seven months and I love it here! APAULT - this is China not the Ritz so have expectations to suit. Yes, Fushun is dirty but the `pollution` is dust and dirt blowing in the wind rather than real pollution (and yes there is pollution) but FUSHUN is not badly polluted - many other cities are far worse so keep things in context.
Also the city is very interesting - I have visited about ten cities now and they are so boring - nothing but big buildings, big buildings. Fushun is interesting as a city.
And YES - the people are really friendly!
I work for Mingshi in Downtown - and we need another teacher or two. The pay is not hot but it is a good school with lots of variety in the work. I would rather be here on a lower pay than in a big city dying of visual boredom. I have already told Mingshi I am staying for a second year - I love it here!
Apr 20, 2008 22:30
GUEST83176 You are crazy if you want to teach and live in Fushun !!

It is a very dirty city and there is nothing to do there. The poeple there are not that used to foreigners and they will not leave you alone.

I have read some bad feedback about MIngshi and would not want to teach at that school at all.

I wonder if they paid Andrew to say nice things about the school and Fushun !
May 4, 2008 16:22
  • PETERSEAFORD
what experiance would a person need to teach english - could a person without formal training do it??
would the teacher need to speak Chineese as well??

how long is a usual contract

regards peter
May 7, 2008 09:27
  • APAULT
Peter. If you have a degree you are qualified to teach 'in the system'. Without one, it is still possible but harder. Private language centres do not have to worry about this and always have vacancies. (But they are the places most of the bad reports are about)
Apr 7, 2009 04:10
GUESTANDREW Hi, it is Andrew again (first posted April08).
No, Mingshi do not pay me to say good things - they do not need to. I have been here since Aug07 (17 months now) and I still love it here.
I will leave in August to move to Shenyang where my girlfriend lives. We will marry and I will work in Shenyang, missing Mingshi and Fushun very much.
The pay and conditions are good also. Ignore those who whine, they must have nothing better to do!
Jun 15, 2009 11:33
GUESTSTEVE I recently had the pleasure of visiting Fushun. Thanks Andrew for putting the previous comments in proper context. Indeed, Fushun is an interesting city and the people were wonderful. Having traveled throughout China, I found it to be a great real world experience! I'll be back again in October!
Jul 17, 2009 06:56
GUEST36213 I am going to a wedding in FuShun and will be staying with the family. Please tell me what it will be like. What gifts do i give the family i am staying with?? Someone told me the beds are very hard? What advice do you have for someone who has never been there before?? I am also concerned about taking a suitcase, should I take a soft bag instead????
Jan 24, 2010 18:48
GUESTANDREWI... It is Andrew in Fushun again (I cannot signin).
Sorry but this is my first visit to the website in a year or so.
I promise to look regularly from now on.
I am in my third year at Mingshi - (my Shenyang girlfriend and I split up) and still loving it here.
I have met another woman and we are going to settle down, get married etc and stay in Fushun forever (I hope).
Mingshi is loooking again for teachers - see eslteachersboard.com for details:
Top-left `ESL jobs in china`, then `search` then `fushun` in the search words box. The date posted was 23rd Jan 2010 so ensure your date search reflects this.
If anyone is planning to visit Fushun, let me know, I am happy to help.... hotmail.co.uk|andrewinbrid

Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: english teacher needed in fushun near shenyang .
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code