Menu
english teacher needed in fushun near shenyang .
Feb 3, 2011 21:27
GUEST71637 Hi,

I have been teaching in Fushun since September 2010. It's February 2011 right now. I was also here for a few weeks during June/July 2010. People in Fushun are generally very warm and wonderful. There are not many foreigners in the streets here, and people in shops seem very pleased to meet me.

I would like to challenge anyone who says that the air quality is good here. In summer and early autumn I found the air quality quite acceptable -- no problems. Over the winter months, depending on the wind, the air quality ranges from ok to really bad. The problem is the many industries and thermal plants here that burn coal. When the wind drops, areas like Xin Fu -- downtown -- are covered in nasty smoke from many chimneys. The moon looks yellow through the smoke and when it's bad it really grabs me by the throat when I step outside. Yes, there is airborne dust too, but judging from how black the water I wash my floors with gets, I believe the dust is mostly soot that is picked up when the wind blows.

I like Fushun in many ways, but anyone planning to spend the winter months here had better be prepared to breathe some pretty nasty air. Check China's Air Pollution Index http://english.mep.gov.cn/ for current conditions. Whatever else you might think about Fushun, please be honest about the air quality. I would not like to see anyone with breathing problems coming here thinking that the air problems were limited to a bit of dust picked up by the wind. A little research online will show you that Fushun's air quality is a problem that is recognised and acknowledged by the Chinese authorities.

There are lots of reasons to love living in Fushun, but clean air in winter is not one of them.

Ta
Feb 12, 2011 20:58
GUEST72133 Yes, I totally agree with you. I lived in Fushun for 2 years, air pollution is a big problem.
Also be prepared for very long and very cold winters; when i was there in touched -40°c .
There isn't much to do in Fushun and to be honest it is an ugly city, the only thing of beauty being
its small but very pretty park.
I am now living in Nanjing, would I go back to Fushun????
Well ,lets say after living in Nanjing, it would be very difficult to go back.
yahoo.fr|dburel1
Feb 26, 2011 02:23
GUEST10912 Hello to everyone my name is David and I live in Fushun and have done since 2008 (on and off)and lived in London the rest of my life, I can honestly say there are far worse cities in the world and yes Fushun does get cold, and it can get dusty when the wind kicks up, so you just have to wrap up warm, it is Febuary now and it is not that cold although the river is frozen. The people here are great and what no one has mentioned is that fushun is being redeveloped the old apartments are being replaced by new ones so when it is finished it will be a cleaner place and the city center has a lot of good shops. I am not a teacher here I just live here, if anyone that speaks english is here in Fushun wants a chat or just wants to go for a meal here is my email, hotmail.co.uk|farrell-uk
Feb 26, 2011 02:43
GUEST10912 Hello again this David, I would also like people to know there many parks in fushun not just the one that Guest72133 has mentioned, also just outside Fushun is the expo-park on the way to Shenyang which has live events and would take you a good few hours to look around (great in the summer)
May 5, 2011 03:30
GUEST82111 WOW,

I HAVE BEEN TO FUSHUN THREE TIMES IN 2010/2011. NOW AND I AM CURRENTLY HERE WHILE POSTING. I HAVE COMPLETED MY OXFORD 60 HOUR TESOL/ESL PROGRAM AND DO NOT HAVE A DEGREE. I DO HAVE ENOUGH CREDIT FROM VARIOUS UNIVERSITIES FOR A DEGREE, BUT NOT FOROM ONE SINGLE COLLEGE. I HAVE WORKED AS A FIRE FIGHTER AND PAREMEDIC FOR THE PAST 26 YEARS AND I AM 46 NOW. MY FIANCE LIVES IN FUSHIN AND WILL HOPEFULLY RETURN WITH ME TO THE US IN A FEW MONTHS. IF NOT, THEN I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE TO CHINA AND TEACH ENGLISH. I HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH TEACHING CHILDREN IN THE LOCAL SCHOOLS IN MY CITY IN THE USA REGARDING FIRE SAFETY. I ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCE TEACHING ADULTS. SO, ANY IDEAS?
Sep 29, 2011 17:44
GUEST32138 GUEST82111
You need to post your email address if you want people to reply to you!
Andrew....in Fushun
Sep 29, 2011 18:20
GUEST32138 Fushun pollution. I have lived here over 4 years - no problem! Maybe some people are more susecptible to pollution as it appears that I am not so.
Fushun is being `rebuilt` with the old buildings going and new ones erected. It is slowly becoming more beautiful - I have always thought of it as an `ugly duckling` and I love living here.
The tourist cities (ugh) are for visiting, not living in - far too big!
True, not a lot to do here in Fushun but when you live somewhere you want to save money rather than be squandering it. I certainly do anyway.
Looking for a wife, a good place to look. A fairly high proportion of teachers working here (who honour their contracts because they are up to the job and not wimps (they know who they are)) end up getting married.
try it and see!
Andrew
Oct 31, 2011 03:11
GUEST06178 Hello,my name is bashir i am a nigerian studiying in china shenyang,i need a job if possible i need afternoon or weekends i like it in order to keep my salf busy thank you.
Nov 15, 2011 02:22
GUEST85243

Dear Sir/Madam,

I saw your job posting for English teacher position. I do not have professional experience in teaching. But, what I do have is experience in teaching young children. I had two weeks of work experience in a nursery and got offered a job.

My personality allow me to bring:

fun
enthusiasm
confidence
sociable
easy going
comfortable
active
kind

This would be a great opportunity for me to work with young children and be grateful to teach. I would be very grateful to work for the school.

I can send and email to provide my resume which provides additional information about my skills and experience.

Thank you so much for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Marwa Itani
Dec 2, 2011 12:10
GUEST92176 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AS AN ENGLISH TEACHER

I am very happy for this opportunity granted to me for this position. As said earlier, my name is Mr. Michael born to a Canadian and Ghanaian. I am twenty-five years of age and has three years of teaching English experience.

I would be much glad if you could offer me this opportunity. I promise to do my best as to help the learning of English to be a success in the firm I find my self. Thank you.
yahoo.com|michael.osei45 or 13840276243
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: english teacher needed in fushun near shenyang .
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code