Menu
Buying canon 300D/10D camera
Jan 24, 2005 21:07
  • DONMAC
Want to buy a canon 300D or a 10D digital camera and the expected price to pay. Needs to be close to Beijing international. Also a Sony digital video camera.
Jan 29, 2005 00:05
  • GOERDY
Will stay in shanghai for a few days in march and also think about buying a new camera. Does anybody know, if it? really a deal there in comparison to Europe? Don? want to buy a fake, too.
Feb 3, 2005 19:50
  • AIQIU222
Hi, I'm thinking about buying a similar camera, I don't know too much about different models but after the research I've done I'm also considering Sony.

I don't know where you two are at the moment but I've been living in China for 6 months now. I can honestly say that while pretty much everything is cheaper than England (and I assume US/Aus etc), electronic things are the same if not more expensive.

A couple of my Chinese friends have checked out Chinese websites for me as well, the prices are essentially much the same.

You can buy Chinese brands more cheaply but to be honest I've been asking around and the Chinese don't seem to set much store by them.

Hope it helps your decision,
Fran
Feb 3, 2005 20:56
  • DONMAC
Fran , I am now looking at a Canon 20D which has replaced the Canon 10D. I have been given prices for both Shanghai and Beijing and the latter appears cheaper. Aussie prices dutyfree are $2,450.00 and currency converted chinese (Beijing) are from $2,066.66 to $2,133.33. The one concern I have is can they supply the camera with english firmware(menu and on board instructions etc) or only in Chinese? I will share the prices with you for the Canon Eos 300D when I get them. Video cam spec's and prices are still being procrastinated over.
Thanks for your knowledge and opinions.
Regards Don Mac.
Feb 5, 2005 22:08
  • AIQIU222
Hi Donmac,

Well, I'd say it was more opinion than knowledge :-)but based in some sort of fact.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate any knowledge you have about the camcorder, esp prices and relevant differences. You're right, the exchange rate can make a difference.

As for menus etc I have no first hand knowledge but everything I've read advertises multiple languages so I'm assuming its standard.
I do also have an MP3 player that I bought in China and it has Chinese and English options.

So are you just in China to stock up on cameras or do you have other motives?

Regards, Fran
Post a Reply to: Buying canon 300D/10D camera
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code