Menu
Without heart, a man can survive!
Apr 3, 2008 02:11
  • YVONNE
On April 1, a man in Taiwan underwent a heart transplant surgery after 16 days of living without heart. The Doctors said that the case was unprecented in medical history. The patient surnamed Chen is 60 years old now. The man had suffered from the disease of encocarditis( a dysfunction of heart). The heart was rotten. His families had no choice but to risk undergoing the surgery of removing the heart. The man succeeded in living without a natural heart for 16 days. ( He relied on some simple medical facilities) 16 days later, he underwent the heart transplantation surgery successfully. Doctors said it was unbelievable. The definition of death should be redefined.

The patient attends a press conference.

Apr 3, 2008 08:56
  • GARYKINKADE
It would be interesting to know what these "simple medical facilities" recommended or prescribed. But don't let the major pharmaceutical companies "find out" because they will try to patent it.
Apr 3, 2008 09:04
  • HOFSTETTER06
My Father had heart transplant 9 months ago. Played golf with his Navy buddies last Wednesday for the first time in a couple years. Very thankful to the family of the 22 year old donor I hope they find peace. Medical technology is amazing I was floored by how quickly it all happened other than he was on the list waiting for 7 months and fading fast.
Apr 3, 2008 11:18
  • GRIZ326
Perhaps the "simple medical facilities" was the Jarvik mechanical heart.
Apr 3, 2008 21:27
GUEST62162 apirl fools............................
Post a Reply to: Without heart, a man can survive!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code