Menu
Please help: a question about visa...
Apr 4, 2008 00:19
  • CORTEX
I am asking for my friend(Italian) who has been living in China for 3 years on and off. Now he is facing the problem of visa. His visa will expire end of April, but he was told he could only renew his visa till beginning of July, it's highly probable that he has to leave China during the Olympics. He asked around but no one could give him an exact answer. And he needs to decide whether to go back to Italy for a holiday when his visa expires end of April or he should renew his visa till beginning of July, then go back to have a longer vacaion during Olympics.

Anyone knows more about this? please help.
Does it make any difference if he could live in another city in China during the Olympic Games?

Are foreigners currently living in other cities in China having the same problem?

Thanks a lot!!
Apr 9, 2008 08:31
  • BJLEEO
I am afraid it's the real and harsh situation that many foreigners who hold F or L visas are in.
It's a nationwide visa policy tightening, I am afraid.

As a visa agent, we've seen the past tightening trend. 1-year F visas issued by PSB stopped, then 6-month F visas stopped. Now only 3-month visas left (Not a full 3-month, since it is valid until July 1, 2008)...

At present I am afraid nobody can give the confirmed information that what the visa policy will be right before and during the Olympic games.
Post a Reply to: Please help: a question about visa...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code