Menu
Engagement ring question
Aug 21, 2008 23:03
  • CLOUDHANDS
Thanks, sunnydream. I suspected that a simple gold ring, not a big diamond is in keeping with Chinese custom. My boyfriend is Chinese ( we live in America) and we have already discussed this subject of diamond rings as tokens of engagement. I would not accept a diamond as a gift from anyone, nor would I consider buying one for anyone because of the suffering and political bloodshed incurred upon the people who harvest the diamonds.
Sep 16, 2008 04:54
GUEST16226 So it seems you are not ready yet or you just playing cheap.
The prices are the same and here you can burgain a lot and get about 30% discount (if you are really good).
If you already love the girla nd you are sure that she can be a mom of you children then why is the stupid money talks, the money will be in the family.
My advice is.. Come, see, check, feel, ask, touch and then decide what to do.

P.S. Skype love and any other online chats are just smoke and cannot judge wheather a person is in love with you or not.
Good luck
Sep 30, 2008 15:46
  • GAFFER
If Chinese women tradionally wear engagement/wedding rings on the third finger left hand as in UK/US custom, I have to say that not many seem to do so in my experience.In fact few women seem to wear any rings.
Oct 2, 2008 07:51
My wife didn't want me to buy her a engagement/wedding ring, I knew Chinese women rarely wear rings, maybe when she eventually joins me here in London.
Alan
Oct 2, 2008 19:51
  • REMAG1234
SD, you do not have to be Western or Eastern to be MATERIALISTIC. Wherever you are from is irrelevant, YOU are MATERIALISTIC. An engagement is NOT a must, it is symbolic and nothing more. Unless I miss my mark, YOU would most likely give a size of the diamond if you were going to receive a ring.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Engagement ring question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code