Menu
The earth is thirsty!!!
Apr 7, 2008 04:39
  • ZOEY
Living in big cities, you haven't experienced how much water is precious. Please have a look at these photos. Then you will understand how important water means to humans.

No.1 Two children suck the rain on the ground with special tubes. It is said that these special tubes can prevent leech.

Apr 7, 2008 04:42
  • ZOEY
In the slums of Delhi, there is no tap water supply. The government transport water to these poor people by car. When the car arrives, people fight to fetch water.

Apr 7, 2008 04:45
  • ZOEY
Water pollution: A factory discharges wastewater into Huai River without any treatment.

Apr 7, 2008 04:47
  • ZOEY
The Australian scientists try to make new closestool. Eveytime you flush it, just use 1/3 gallon water.

Apr 7, 2008 04:49
  • ZOEY
Aral Sea has turned into desert.

Apr 7, 2008 04:51
  • ZOEY
About 2 billion people in the world drink well water. People living in Kenya drill wells near the sea. Though the water is salty, people can drink it.

Apr 7, 2008 04:53
  • ZOEY
Austrian environmentalists use white cling film to cover the ice and snow in summer to prevent melting.

Apr 7, 2008 09:27
  • GARYKINKADE
Our governments are evidentially not taking this problem very seriously.
Information networks (newspapers,radio, tv) should be discussing this situation more.
It's the same scenario as with the oil situation, wait until we're past the "point of no return" and then start planning to solve the problem.
Apr 7, 2008 09:57
  • JCNILE123
I question, mainly western individuals, what have you done different today than yesterday to save a drop of water.

Why is the government the one that needs to do something about it, what about you and me?
Apr 7, 2008 10:44
  • GARYKINKADE
True ... up to a certain point, but for the mass of people without resources large projects have to be initiated. Or, should nothing be done, leading to large extinction of people, and the excuse being " well, they need to fend for themselves". This kind of thinking (reasoning) gets "scary" because the next plateau of mass annihilation just might be you and me, my friend!!
Apr 7, 2008 15:04
  • GRIZ326
I'm with you JC, government involvement is just a smoke screen of feigned concern. The bottom line is that while expressing environmental concerns governments and businesses will continue to abuse the environment and natural resources.

When a real estate developer who has just purchased 4 square miles of land for a development says..."I guess I better not develop that property and make MILLIONS for myself because I'll hurt the environment and squander earth's resources." ...until I hear that with my own ears, I won't that anyone with the power and influence to do something about it really gives a HOOT.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The earth is thirsty!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code