Menu
George W. Bush cries while presenting US highest military award
Apr 10, 2008 03:13
  • BLUESKY001
President Bush was emotional! He shed tears for the dead soldier in Iraq.

Bush cried when he awarded the Medal of Honor, to the parents of a Navy special operations sailor killed in Iraq--Michael Monsoor.

Michael was a 25-year-old Petty Officer Second Class when he was dead. He sacrified his lives for his comrades through covering a grenade with his body. He is a respectable soldier.

Are you surprised to see Bush so touched?

Apr 10, 2008 03:19
  • BLUESKY001
Michael Monsoor died in September 2006 in Iraq.

Apr 10, 2008 10:18
  • JCNILE123
Michael Monsoor died in September 2006 in Iraq.

Rest in Peace, He is a hero!

(((Are you surprised to see Bush so touched?)))
Not at all, we all are humans first.
Apr 10, 2008 16:23
  • GRIZ326
Politicians are exceptionally good actors. However, it is also possible that my President felt genuine sadness in having to face his parents in their grief.

Contrary to what many would have you believe, I do not believe George Bush is a bad man. He's not my kinda guy, but then I am very conservative and George Bush is a liberal.
Apr 10, 2008 22:59
  • SUNNYDREAM
George is a liberal? Republicans are conservatives. I am surprised to see the commander-in-chief so moved and emotional. Oh, politicians are good actors.
Apr 11, 2008 16:07
  • GARYKINKADE
There might be an onion in his shirt pocket.
Apr 12, 2008 22:25
  • YVONNE
Why doesn't Bush stop the war in Iraq? The sacrifice of the US boys won't cease unless the war comes to an end.
Apr 12, 2008 22:38
  • GARYKINKADE
Because "WAR IS GOOD FOR BUSINESS" and "THE PUBLIC BE DAMNED"
Apr 13, 2008 06:07
  • APAULT
Exactly Gary. Bush is crying now but how many Iranian and US mothers have been crying since he started the war????
Apr 13, 2008 22:55
  • ICEBLUE
Politicians usually shed crocodile's tears! Don't be cheated. Few politicians sent their own children to battlefield. Bush can never understand how painful the soldier's mother is.
Apr 14, 2008 21:45
  • LEON8ME
Tech Officer Navy SEAL Michael Monsoor is a genuine hero in the most fundamental and ideal sense. When confronted with the immediate and real force of Death, Michael was given a choice, and faced with an infinitely important decision... to be made in an infinetesimal amount of time. Michael's Spirit chose Compassion, immediately and selflessly. Michael met Death in the same way as Avalokitesvara and Guan Yin, the Buddhas of Compassion. Michael's Soul is Enlightened. Michael's choice will serve as a shining light, an heroic example of selfless Compassion in the face of War and Death. I think Michael's parents somehow understand this, and the pain of their loss is relieved by their understanding.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: George W. Bush cries while presenting US highest military award
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code