Menu
Obtain chinese visa in Hong Kong or Macau
Nov 3, 2009 10:00
  • APAULT
Good news, but it will depend on the applicant's nationality
Jun 30, 2010 10:22
GUEST25147 Can anyone give me some advice as to what i can do,i am an Aussie and i applied for a Chinese visa in Aust but i was refused.I was given no reason why and when i asked for it to be reviewed i was told if it got knocked back a second time i would not be able to apply again for three years.Is there any way i can get a Chinese visa ???I can go to Hongkong without a visa,i was going to China to get married but now i can't do that.If i am in Hongkong will i be able to get a Chinese visa there any easier,thx Brian.
Jul 4, 2010 10:53
  • APAULT
It's very difficult once you are refused; I don't believe there is a review system. You MIGHT be able to get a visa in HK or Macau but I think they have a linked computer system or send names to the home country. I wonder what it is that has upset them? Did you admit to a criminal record or having a major illness?

You might have more success using a visa agent BUT BEWARE: many will take the fee knowing you are not likely to be successful. Might need some negotiating, could try for no success, no fee, success and pay a premium... would be worth it. If you are in Sydney, there are two agencies in the streetb the Consulate is in, but I haven't tried them. It might be better to get to HK and try some agents there. They are closer to the people who might need to be paid off and it's part of their normal modus operandi.
Jul 13, 2010 14:31
GUESTBBB hey every one apply for multipule entry visa for macau ... its free for Pakistani.... wow China Consulate its cool
Jul 14, 2010 01:14
GUESTETHAN But, as far as i know, from 1 July 2010, visitors from Bangladesh, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Vietnam are required to apply for a valid Macau “visa” in advance through a Chinese embassy or consulate instead of applying for an Entry Permit (“visa-upon-arrival”).
Jul 16, 2010 13:06
  • APAULT
Yes, that is what TCG are saying - and I must assume that is the case. It could prove difficult in some countries unless the Chinese consulates have upgraded their service: when I enquired 12 months or so ago in Sydney (to get the info for writing the TCG visa pages), they could not handle Macau visa applications and said applicants must apply to Macau itself.
Jul 20, 2010 02:17
GUESTMARYNA Hi everybody, I hope somebody can help me, because I am very confused.
I need to leave china in 3 weeks, because I have stayed here for 6 month on my F visa as an intern.
I am an Ukrainian citizen, so its quite complicated and almost impossible to go to Hong Kong. So I thought about going eater to Russia or to Macau.
I read that its possible to get a visa for Macau directly on the boarder? Is it true?
Is it possible to get a tourist visa in Macau for at least 30 days? And can they do it in 24-48 hours? Which documents do I need besides the flights tickets?
Does anybody have some experiences with it?
Because it would be very unfunny when I would fly out from china and not be able to get back.
Thanks a lot!
Jul 20, 2010 02:49
GUESTJOE You can apply for a “visa-upon-arrival" to Macao at the border. that is also called "Entry Permit", which maximum stay is 30 days. The rush and express rush service for visa application is available. You can apply for a visa to China during your stay there.
Following is the required documents for Macao visa application:
1. A completed application form; [Note: The form is available at
2. Photocopies of the bio data page and used inside pages of a valid passport/travel document.
3. Document of financial status (e.g. bank statement, deposit in savings account, tax payment receipt, employment certificate, etc.)
4. Document of transportation to Macao and accommodation arrangement (e.g. round-trip air ticket and hotel room reservation receipts, etc.)
5. Proof of purpose of visit, such as:
Leisure – Tour receipt, itinerary, etc.;
Family visit – Photocopy of residence/stay document of family in Macao;
Study – Admission document of a higher institute in Macao;
Employment – Employment approval document of Macao authorities;
Residence on dependant basis – Macao identity card of family, document of kinship, etc.;
Stay as relative of non-resident worker – Approval document of Macao authorities to stay in Macao;
6. Pages carrying important information in a travel document previously used to come to Macao (if any);
7. Valid entry visa or residence visa/permit of other countries or regions (if any);
8. Recent 1.5-inch full face white background color photo.
Jul 20, 2010 03:35
GUEST22178 greate answere. Thank You!!
But I plan to go to macao only to open a new visa (tourisit visa at least 30 days) for Mailand china. Is this also possible?
And there is the same question for documents.
My HR office told me that I can open a visa for china in macao if I am chinese, or related to chinese or have a property in china, non of them suits to me.
thanks again
Jul 20, 2010 03:45
GUESTJOE Yes, it is necessary requirements for you to get a Macao visa first. And it is also possible to open a new L visa to China there. The general duration of stay for an L visa is 30 days, so don't worry.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Obtain chinese visa in Hong Kong or Macau
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code