Menu
CHINA - what a place. what fantastic people.
Apr 10, 2008 07:16
  • PETERSEAFORD
just home to Australia after a month in China.

Could not believe that such a wonderful place existed.

did a lot of research before my trip and sought help from this site as well but nothing could express what i found.

i will take a few months to gather words precise enough to be able to express feelings about China.

visited 13 major cities and never felt concern for my safety. i felt like i was "at home" even though i needed to resort to body language when i could not find the page quick enough.
taxi drivers are honest - used them on numerous occasions on to and from trips and the fares matched close enough.

the only regret i have is that i cannot fill my promise to a little girl - FangFang at the Little Wild Goose Pagoda in Xi'an . - she did tai chi with me and i said that i would send her a photo .
the email address she wrote for me is not exact as it keeps returning.
if somebody knows the email address would they please advise me at optusnet.com.au|pw39

i will post my journal soon and will start saving for my next trip to your marvelous country.

regards peter

Apr 10, 2008 08:05
  • DAVEC
I have to admit I get the same feeling when I visit there, enough so that I go twice a year now.
Just packing my cases today for my next adventure.
Apr 10, 2008 09:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Peter MSG me with her email address and I'll see if we can help you but it's a long shot.

A good tip for photos is to take your camera into a local photo shop and get a print made immediately and take it back to the person or have them accompany you while you get the print done. I've done this a couple of times or taken postal addresses and sent photos but I have know idea if they arrived but you have to trust that they do get there............
Apr 10, 2008 09:30
  • JCNILE123
I share your joy and experience of china and its people.

China and its people, is a place and people that as a foreigner you can trust better than so many other places around the globe.
Apr 10, 2008 16:49
  • GRIZ326
China is wonderful. I often ask my gal why she wants to live in the USA when China is so wonderful. Maybe we'll both live in China after she's been here a while.
Apr 10, 2008 20:58
  • DODGER
I've just moved here so have voted with my feet.
Dodger.
Apr 12, 2008 01:39
I envy you Dodger, I cant get enough of China, I love it there and would move there myself if I didn't have to provide for my daughter while she is at school, why Jing is so keen to come to
England is beyond me, although having said she does have friends here in London who must have told her what to expect, I know she will miss her daughter who is at Uni in Guangzhou
although I have told her she can come to stay with us.
Alan
Apr 12, 2008 04:27
  • DODGER
Alan,
if you are ever in Beijing please feel free to look us up. I have a spare room.
Dodger.
Apr 12, 2008 04:50
Cheers Dodger, I don't know when my next visit will be, still busy trying to bring Jing to London.
How is your son doing with the Sarries? I look out for their results.
Alan
Apr 12, 2008 09:49
  • JCNILE123
Good move Dodger!
Apr 12, 2008 19:11
  • DODGER
Alan,
Alex has just had his contract extended for another year but yet to crack the first team. Still, what a life!
Res Visa was easy to get, but I did have some help from a friend of a friend.
My only challange to date is to find baked beans to go with my bacon and eggs for my Sunday breakfast.
Cheers, JC.
Dodger
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: CHINA - what a place. what fantastic people.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code