Menu
Looking for book suggestions
Apr 12, 2008 22:33
  • GARYKINKADE
Am looking for book references (in English), unbiased, in regards to the China Opium War(s) and the Boxer Rebellion. Most books or articles I've read seem to be from A Western point of view.
Jun 18, 2009 17:45
  • JIM_BRANTLEY
I don't know if this will help, but if you are looking for a different perspective you might try "Commissioner Lin and the Opium War by Hsin-pao Chang"
Jun 18, 2009 19:26
  • MARRIE
Gary, Chinese is becoming more rational to view this war when the Chinese, or specifically the MAN (one branch of the Mongolia) gov is beaten up by the British and other previous major powers.

Here's an excellent long history documentation shot by CCTV run by Chinese central governent. It presents an objective and rational reseach on the approach to be a power. The documentation is named ' the rise of the major powers'. Me and my Chinese friends sing high praise of this doc.

Excerpt of this long documentation-the rise of british empire ( I cannot find the english version)

Last edited by MARRIE: Jun 18, 2009 19:28
Jun 18, 2009 20:51
  • GARYKINKADE
Thank you JIM BRAN and MARRIE for the references.

Back in 2008 I came to the conclusion that to understand the supposed global domination
by the New World Order or whatever one may want to call it, a good case study would be
The Opium Wars, The East India (British) Trading Co., with China , India (and possibly other
countries) as the objects of controlled drugs(narcotics), trade and warfare(?).
Jun 18, 2009 21:36
  • MARRIE
Gary, I found drug for you.

Here are two links about this long TV series shot by CCTV - the rise of great powers. This is a revolutionary re-comments on historical events including the topics you need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rise_of_the_Great_Powers

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:mCDR2bIhmiwJ:research.policy-net.org/download/chinaandth/reading/theriseofc+the+english+version+of+the+rise+of+major+powers-CCTV+TV+series&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Jun 20, 2009 00:29
  • GARYKINKADE
Thanks for the information MARRIE
Post a Reply to: Looking for book suggestions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code