Menu
Health Check Up Procedure for F Visa?
Apr 14, 2008 09:00
guest20039 I'm leaving for China from HK in 2 weeks. I've been reading the forum and came across some parts wherein the Health Check up is required.

Can anyone give me the details regarding this? I am invited for an F-Visa. Once I arrive in China, how long do I need to process this detailed health check up? Do I need to have the X-Ray done in China or I can just bring the plate itself?

Kindly enlighten me regarding this matter. Thanks!

Apr 14, 2008 10:48
GUEST20039 Does this apply for people who are staying for less than 6 months in China with an F Visa?
Apr 21, 2008 04:02
  • APAULT
I needed a health check for a 6 month F visa. You go to a nominated office in the major cities. You pay a few hundred rmb. You collect the results a few days later. You are supposed to fast (even water) the morning of the tests. Most of it is rather a joke, but there are a few serious tests like HIV, Syph, and liver. DO answer 'no' to the minor STD's like herpes as that is sufficient to exclude you. Similarly, you would need to have a mental incompetence to say yes to the questions asking if you have any history of mental incompetence!! haha.

The eyesight test is fascinating - they use a 'shan' character (W) either on its base, upside down, or facing L or R. No-one told me this first time and my hand gestures were such they thought I was legally blind!

I do not know how this fits into the visa sequence if you apply for an F visa overseas. You cannot realistically do the tests ioverseas without bankrupting yourself, but you can fill in the core self answew questions. For a Z visa this is fine as rules determine the medical and other formalities. My F visa was obtained on the mainland....MAYBE you will have to enter with a tourist visa and then apply for an F visa...... but as yr qu is now over a week old.... you should have found out by now ! Sorry, we cant always reply in short timescales.
Apr 30, 2008 16:34
GUEST20236 Hi, I am a Spanish girl and I need an information about the health check up...
I suffer of herpes ...is it a problem for obtein a F visa?
Thanks
May 3, 2011 20:20
GUEST94165 I have been offered a teaching position in china. I am wondering if my z (work) visa will be denied if I have herpes and indicate it on the health form?
Post a Reply to: Health Check Up Procedure for F Visa?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code