Menu
Help needed near Fenghuang
Apr 14, 2008 14:50
  • DAVEC
I will be staying in Fenhuang for couple of days and someone suggested I travel north to a place called Dehang? ( think I got it right).
Can anyone tell me about the place and how do I get there from Fenghuang?
Thanks
Apr 15, 2008 01:41
  • KSWONG
There are a few travel agencies in FH who can arrange your trip. They also have day tours that can bring u to the local market (where u will see many ethnic people) or to an ancient village where the houses are made from stone. Check it out.
Apr 15, 2008 07:27
  • JABAROOTOO
Dave,
I just had a look in a little booklet we bought in Fenghuang but didn't have a look at until after we left so I missed a lot of this extra stuff outside the town.

Dehang is an area of Miao villages, gorges and waterfalls. sorry I have no details about how far it is but it should be easy to find out once there.

There is also Huangsi Qiao (part of the Southern Great Wall) and Furong ancient town and rafting on the Mengdong River

As suggested you could do a tour or see if you can hire a car/taxi for a few hours or half a day to take you around. We hired a taxi to drive four of us all the way to Jishou (Y100 I think) and is was a reasonable amount.

We paid Y150 to go from Tongren to Fenghuang so that will give you some idea of prices for getting around if you don;t want to join a tour.

Apr 15, 2008 10:28
  • ELLYSE
Not north, but south.
If I'm not wrong it can be reached by bus from Huaihua city. The LP China 2007 has details.
Apr 15, 2008 17:06
  • DAVEC
I had a look in the Lonely planet guide and it says bus to Jishuo and then bus to Dehang. First bus is about 1 hour then next one about 50 mins.
As I am not familiar and cant find much online I wasnt sure if a part day there is enough or if I should look at staying overnight. After all, nearly 2 hours there and the same back wont leave much time in Dehang
Apr 15, 2008 23:34
  • ELLYSE
Ah, I was wrong about the bus connections then, sorry.
Apr 17, 2008 07:10
  • BABYHARE
Actually, you can take a taxi to get to Dehang from Fenghuang. The price is around 250~300RMB. Fenghuang is a good place, we went there last summer~
Apr 18, 2008 01:35
  • KSWONG
I have posted some pix of FH at a photo forum. Feel free to go take a look:

Fenghuang Ancient Village, China Pt 1
http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1739

Fenghuang Ancient Village, China Pt 2
http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1795

Fenghuang Ancient Village, China Pt 3
http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1797
Apr 24, 2008 21:52
  • SUSAN205060
we will suggest you to check with your fenghuang hotel because lonely planet sometimes is correct but situation change per year.

Therefore, consult your hotel then make good decision : by taxi or by bus .

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Post a Reply to: Help needed near Fenghuang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code