Menu
Tea enriches Chinese people!
Apr 18, 2008 03:03
  • LEOPOLD219
Do you know Pu'er Tea? It has become very famous in China now. According to the statistics, the price of Pu'er Tea in 2007 was above 1000 yuan every kilogram on the market. For customers, it was bad news. However, those farmers who plant tea in Yunnan Province have gain a lot. Zha Ge, a 19 years old guy buys him a a 20-inch television set, a motorcycle and a copy of his favorite foreign film, "First Blood," the first in the Rambo series.

"In a hilltop village called Manmai, a few dozen kilometers from China's border with Myanmar, the wealth from the Pu'er tea boom is trickling down. The village headman, Zha Pagu, has never traveled more than 50 kilometers, or 30 miles, from his house during his 60 plus years (he can't remember his exact age) but his home now has a solar water heater and his neighbors are upgrading their wood and thatch homes with modern building materials like tiles and concrete.

Until recently the village was accessible only by foot. A long and winding dirt road that climbs up the mountain is now under construction, but the village remains relatively isolated."----Excerpted from the International Herald Tribune.

Source: http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/04/15/asia/tea.php

Do you love drinking tea? What kind is your favourite?

A compressed brick of Pu'er tea.

Apr 18, 2008 11:27
  • GRIZ326
I enjoy Pu'er tea but it's earthy, full flavor is an acquired taste for Americans.
Apr 18, 2008 13:32
  • GARYKINKADE
Uh....I drink Lipton tea, does that count?
Apr 18, 2008 22:35
  • MARRIE
I like west lake dragon well tea and biluchun tea. both of them are green tea. without them, i just cannot work and read well.

west lake dragon well tea
biluchun tea

Apr 20, 2008 03:05
  • LEON8ME
Panax Ginseng for me, please.
Apr 20, 2008 04:43
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
You mean you want a cup pf tea with ginseng? Ha, it's really very restorative for your body.
Apr 22, 2008 10:51
  • LEON8ME
Yes, thank you SIVA . Wild ginseng is very rare, here in the forests of upstate New York. Cultivated ginseng is also extremely rare. It takes about 8 years for a plant to develop a root large enough to be useful.
Apr 27, 2008 22:06
  • JIMMYB
"I like west lake dragon well tea and biluchun tea. both of them are green tea. without them, i just cannot work and read well."

Wow, Marrie. I only hear that someone can't work well without coffee. It seems that you have been addicted to Chinese green tea. Enjoy it! It is said that drinking green tea is good for one's health.
Post a Reply to: Tea enriches Chinese people!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code