Menu
Guangzhou-Kunming-Lijiang-Kunming-Guangzhou
Apr 19, 2008 23:19
guestLILIAN Hi,
I am planning a trip to kunming-lijiang-kunming in June 2008. Is there a lot more to see in Kunming than LiJiang? Can anyone advice me on the my trip plan?

I am flying from Guangzhou on 22/6/08, and will arrive Kunming at 3.30pm.
21/6/08: Sightseeing at Yuan Long temple
22/6/08: Yunnan Ethnic Village
23/6/08: Stone Forest - Shopping at Birds and Flower Market - Luosiwan Market - night bus to LiJiang
24/6/08: Lijiang Old Town
25/6/08: YuLong Snow Moutain - night bus back to Kunming
26/6/08: Kunming Airport
My flight from Kunming back to Guangzhou is at 11.30am.

Is this too rush? Shall I forgo Yunnan Ethnic Village or stone forest to spend more time on Lijiang? Will I be in time for my flight back to guangzhou?

Can anyone advice the time of the bus departing and arriving Kunming and Lijiang both ways? Is there any other advice?

Thanks.
Apr 20, 2008 01:38
  • ELLYSE
The "Yunnan Ethnic Village" seems to be really touristy. I would happily skip it for more time in Lijiang.
Yes, you'll be back in time for your flight to Guangzhou. Lijiang -- Kunming overnight buses arrive around 0500-0600.
Apr 20, 2008 01:38
  • ELLYSE
Look on http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?pp=&i=40374 for my answers, about schedules for Kunming -- Lijiang and Lijiang -- Kunming overnight buses.
Apr 20, 2008 06:03
  • DAVEC
Nice trip, I visited there september. I found Lijiang interesting but very much the same, every street look similar to the next, every shop similar to the next etc etc. I went just outside Lijiang and found some great places you could easily do them in 1 day.
I hired a taxi and he drove me to the places and then sat around and waited for me to finish looking before taking me to the next, cost 80rmb if I remember.
First stop was a lake where you had option of pony trekking or a boat on the water, La shi hai was what he told me but I couldnt find it on any maps. Next we stopped at Baisha which is great to look around and grab some lunch, almost all menus are in english. Finally on the way back he dropped me off at Black Dragon Lake, you can spend a leisurel hour or 2 wandering around there.
If you want to see the places there are some photos on my website.
Apr 20, 2008 08:00
  • JABAROOTOO
There's also a village about 30 mins outside Lijiang, you can hire a bike and cycle there. Supposed to be less impacted by tourists than Lijiang but definitely spend as much time in Lijiang as possible. Touristy or not it is a great place and you'll get a look at the minorities of this area. Steer clear of the centre of old Lijiang for accommodation. Opt for a guesthouse that is near the outskirts - much quieter .
Apr 20, 2008 08:31
GUESTLILIAN Thank you all for the advices!!!

Hi JABAROOTOO,
Do you have the name of the village you mentioned? I will be traveling with mum, age 50. Hence, don't think i will be able to bike or cycle. Will try my luck to see if the hotel/guest houses provides any day trip kind of thing or maybe hiring a taxi will be another choice...

Anyone knows the estimated temperature up on Yulong Snow Mountain in June?
Apr 20, 2008 22:46
  • ELLYSE
It's Shuhe village. Just take a taxi there from Lijiang, it'll take about 20 mins. No problem finding taxis to take you back either, so don't waste money hiring taxi for the day.
Apr 21, 2008 07:00
GUESTLILIAN Thank you very much!!!
But I have more questions....
Is it a peak season in June for Yunnan? I am wondering if it easy to get bus tickets to Lijiang and back to Kunming at the bus stations? Do I have to book the tickets in advance?
How about hotel in Lijiang? Will it be easy to get accommodation on the spot? Do i have to book in advance too? Any recommended budget & decent hotel in Lijiang?

I'm sorry to be asking so..soo.. much. It is my first time to China, especially to these World Cultural Heritage places, which is so much different from where I grew up.
Apr 21, 2008 21:31
  • ELLYSE
No, not peak season though it's not off season either.
Yes, easy enough to get bus tickets to Lijiang, and then again back to Kunming. Plenty of buses.
Yes, easy to get accommodation on-the-spot too.
What price range are you looking at? Are you looking for private room or dorm bed(s)? How many of you are there?
Apr 22, 2008 10:20
GUESTLILIAN We have 4 travelers altogether (including myself). With my mum along, I'll be looking at private rooms...maybe the budget of range RMB 150-250 per room. Of course, the cheaper the better. :-)
But i think it still depends on the cleanliness of the room and the convenience of the location.
I would prefer to stay in those hotels that looks like what we see in the ancient movies, the traditional ones, to get a different feel. :-)
Apr 22, 2008 22:28
  • ELLYSE
I presume you mean, twin-sharing room with ensuite. Definitely possible for your price range.
Email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 with your dates and I'll see what I can turn up -- put "TravelChinaGuide" in the subject line please. And of course remind me who you are, otherwise I won't know!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Guangzhou-Kunming-Lijiang-Kunming-Guangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code