Menu
Yangtze cruise or Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong ???
Jan 27, 2005 13:19
  • KENAI
Hi! This is my first time to be travelling in China. My tour includes a visit to Beijing, Xian, Guilin and Shanghai as well as a 5 days cruise on the Yangtze(upstream). Since I have read so many good things about Sichuan province like ...
Jiuzhaigou,Huanglong,Woolong,Chengdu,Emeishan,Leshan,Kangding etc..I am torned between choosing either the Yangtze cruise or the Sichuan area. What is your recommendation? Which one is better?
Which one is more scenic? I would appreciate your input.
Thanks,N.
Jan 27, 2005 15:32
  • KARAOK
If i were you, i will choose Sichuan, because the scenery there is really astonishing and unexpected. It is definitely more wonderful than your expectation. As for Yangtze cruise, it is more like spending a leisurable holiday on the river. For four or five days you may only see rivers and mountains, or enjoy the entertaining programs on the ship. I guess people choose Yangtze cruise is beacuse they do not have the knowledge about Sichuan before they come to China. Since you have already found out the beauty of Sichuan, why not have a try?
Jan 27, 2005 22:27
Sichuan is really a hard tour and do a lot of driving, Cruise is a better choice. The entertainment is rich on the ship. And also,
you can enjoy the Three Gorge, it's one of china
hights among all the attractions.

Jiuzhaigou will have a high cost, and also the tour is unstable for that part in Sichuan. If you only have to choose one, I suggest you keep
River cruise.
Feb 10, 2005 07:25
  • MOREORLESS
I'v only done the Yangtze cruise myself(in late 2004) but I'd guess it depends on the type of holiday you want. The Yangtze would probabley be easier to setup and more relaxing while a tour in Sichuan would be more active but probabley harder and more expensive to setup.

The 3 Gorges were certainly still very senic dispite the water level rise but going from pictures I'v seen or Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong etc look just as if not more senic so I guess it comes down to what you preffer, walking around beautiful lakes and moutains or cruising though a beautiful gorge.

Post a Reply to: Yangtze cruise or Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong ???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code