Menu
Where to rent a phone in China?
Jan 27, 2005 15:31
  • ANDREA
Hi, I'm going to Beijing in late Feb, can anyone recommand a good company for renting a cell phone for use there?
Jan 27, 2005 16:42
  • BRANDY
In China, there is no phone renting service. in most cases we need first buy a cellphone in the big store and then buy a sim card for the phone.

The two big telecom companies in China are China Mobile and China Unicom, both of them produce sim cards and you may choose any one of them.

Many posts in the forum are about phone card, you may use the search engine and find out more about it.

Feb 3, 2005 17:29
  • ANITA
Hi in fact there are some cell phone renting services in China, but most of their service can not be guaranteed, maybe because the market is not so mature. So in order to avoid traps, I suggest you not to rent in China.

I know some big worldwide cell phone renting companies also have branches in China, maybe you can have a try?
Feb 3, 2005 17:47
  • ARTIST
why not just buy a card and use it on your exisitng phone, alternatively there are plenty of used phone around that you can buy quite cheaply, just be careful of the card you buy, they promised a lot of usage time but not always true.
Feb 3, 2005 17:57
  • ANITA
Do not buy second-hand cell phones, I know there are many traps. They will show you the phone is in perfect condition, but when you go home, it may totally crash.
Feb 25, 2005 17:23
  • ZOEZOE
Hi, Andrea.
Why don't you use www.tourfone.com? During Chinese New Year, I visited Beijing and Xian.I found renting a phone with local numbers are very convenient and cheap. I am a Korean, my phone dose not work there, so one of my friends recommended www.tourfone.com to me. It only costs $0.18/min. The cheaper rental phone really has saved much of my touring expenses, so I really want to recommend this to all who are going to China. And I can confirm the company have a good garantee.
Post a Reply to: Where to rent a phone in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code