Menu
Who do you prefer, Pele or Maradona?
Apr 22, 2008 01:39
  • JIMMYB
Pele and Maradona are two greatest footballers in history. As the saying goes, “if two men ride on a horse, one must ride behind.” There is a feud between Pele and Maradona.
“ The Argentine footballer Maradona should be ripped off the title of “ Player of the Century” said Brazalian football superstar Pele.

Pele said: “ Maradona is right-footed. He seldom scored goals with his head. He is not all-round. Additionally, Maradona doped numerous times. A number of players were deprived of the medals after being found involving “doping cases”. Why didn’t deprive Maradona of the title”.

Pele thought that Alfredo Di Stéfano in 1950s-1960s was better than Maradona. Who do you prefer, Pele or Maradona?

Apr 22, 2008 02:19
  • JCNILE123
Maradona used to be a good soccer player, now days he is just one more drug addicted junky, that's all.

As a matter of example to the children, if you have a child whom will you choose the drug addict (Maradona) or the real man (Pele).

I know I do not want my child to be around Maradona.

Best player? In their time, no doubt the two of them were good, Pele the best.
Apr 22, 2008 05:26
Pele was the best in my view, Maradona was a brilliant player but a bad example to the youngsters with his cheating and drug taking.
Alan
Apr 22, 2008 11:10
  • APAULT
How can you class Maradona a s great player? How can you say his name in the same breath as Pele, a true great of the game? Sacrilege Jimmy! Maradona was never great - pompous or arrogant might be better words, and he was a blatant cheat - remember the handball goal against England? And now he is just another junkie.
Apr 22, 2008 21:26
  • LEOPOLD219
Why are you so hostile to Maradona? I must admit Maradona has a wealth of personal defects. I also appreciate his skills at playing soccer. He is a talented player.
Apr 23, 2008 21:09
  • JIMMYB
"How can you class Maradona a s great player? How can you say his name in the same breath as Pele, a true great of the game? Sacrilege Jimmy! Maradona was never great - pompous or arrogant might be better words, and he was a blatant cheat - remember the handball goal against England? And now he is just another junkie. "

Apault, I understand that Maradona is not a positive character. He took drugs and cheated( handballs) . Whatsoever, he was a gifted footballer. He was called a "Fallen Angel". A lot of football fans liked him because of his brilliant football skills.
Apr 25, 2008 04:22
GUEST5489 Pele is a good boy. Maradona is a drug addict. South American footballers are better than European footballers. Beckham is more of a clown. He knows nothing but to lure the fans by funky hairstyles.
Apr 25, 2008 18:35
  • JCNILE123
((( "Fallen Angel". )))

Jimmy, I don't know what fallen angel stand for in China, in the west the fallen angel stand for Lucifer, “the demon”, if you are call Lucifer in the west that is something worst than the worst.

Therefore, you are close to right as you title the junky Maradona the “Fallen Angel".
Apr 28, 2008 22:03
  • KEVIN0518
"Who do you prefer, Pele or Maradona?"

Of course, Pele. I didn't mean that Maradona wasn't a good footballer. Compared with Maradona, Pele is really a model for those young footballers. As Guest5489, Maradona is a drug addict though he has been very successful as a footballer. It is also a pity that Pele seldom predicts the matches correctly. Some guys even says that Pele is a doomsayers.
May 20, 2008 17:33
GUEST11225 You're missing the point... this is not about who is a model citizen or not. It's about who was the best football player, and that was Maradona. It doesn't matter if he was a junkie, he was just a better player. On the other hand, Maradona is an inconvenient star because he hates FIFA, so he's often bashed a little too much, while the more accomodating Pele gets a cleaner image.
Jul 11, 2008 15:59
GUESTMALEK maradona is the best, I think.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who do you prefer, Pele or Maradona?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code