Menu
Travel in Country in August 08
Apr 29, 2008 13:54
  • WINSTONRILEY
I'm planning a business trip to China in August but also want to travel either to Guilin or Wudang for about one week. Will the Olympics make travel difficult and expensive?

May 1, 2008 21:24
  • BARONTWANGLE
I imagine flights and trains to and from Beijing will be difficult to book, but it shouldn't be too bad getting around the rest of the country. From what I am starting to hear, no one can get a visitors visa for August, which kind of contradicts to point of holding the Olympics! So it doesn't appear that China will be overrun by foreigners during this time.

May 3, 2008 02:53
  • JOEZHOU
It will be expensive when you travel in Beijing. So don't worry about it. But It will be better and easy if somebody help you when you travel to other places beacuse of high season for tourists in August 2008.

May 3, 2008 02:53
  • JOEZHOU
It will be expensive when you travel in Beijing. So don't worry about it. But It will be better and easy if somebody help you when you travel to other places beacuse of high season for tourists in August 2008.

May 4, 2008 07:43
  • JABAROOTOO
That's interesting about the non-issue of visa in August. Ii suppose if you have proof of tickets, family members and participating athletes of course will still be eligible.
Some others have reported stricter conditions for visa applications in recent months. Proof of return tickets and hotel reservations, bank statements etc. But this may just be for some foreign nationals and not all visitors.

Travel in other areas of China should not be too difficult but keep in mind that there will be more people in China and travelling around both before and after the Games.

Post a Reply to: Travel in Country in August 08
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code