Menu
What are you gonna do if your wife earns more than you?
May 4, 2008 04:41
  • CARLOS
Jimmy,
my current boat is just enough for weekend trips, I would like to spend more time at seas, but two nights is enough now.
Besides, It would not cross my mind to sail to Sweden with it. Need a meter or two more :=)

Carlos
May 4, 2008 20:00
  • JIMMYB
Great, Carlos. It is surprising that you are a captain! It must be romantic to look at the stars in the sky at sea during the night. Wish your dream could come true. Then you can sail with your wife.
May 5, 2008 21:20
  • CHERRY07
Oh, no please. Why are men so petty? They should be glad if their wives earn more money. At least, it shows that she is very capable. Will you marry a girl who just stays at home, doesn't do any housework and always spends your money?
May 6, 2008 20:04
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Will you marry a girl who just stays at home, doesn't do any housework and always spends your money?"

Actually, there are men who want their pretty wives to just stay at home. She won’t have a job so naturally she would want a rich husband so she’d be financially supported. And then the husband complains that she is a gold digger. Talk about picking up a rock and hitting your head with it. O_o
May 7, 2008 21:04
  • JIMMYB
"gold digger". Your words reminds me of a Chinese idiom "金屋藏娇 (keep a mistress or a concubine in a love nest". When Emperor Wu (in western Han dynasty) was young, he loved his counsin 阿娇( A Jiao )and decided to build a golden house for her. Later on, it refers to take a concubine. Nowadays, many men would like to let their wives in their "love nests" because they think that they are the support of the family and their pretty and lovely wives should stay at home.
May 8, 2008 10:22
  • CARLOS
Jimmy, I think captain is way too fine word.
I sail only close coast and the sea near Finnish coast is full of islands, so no open sea.
Besides, with my old small boat I have no chance to sail at open sea.
Anyway, I think Finnish archipelago is one of the most beautiful areas I have ever seen. Sailing there makes me very happy even with my old boat.

Carlos
May 8, 2008 20:17
  • JIMMYB
Anyway, just eonjoy sailing, Carlos. If I had the chance, I would go there and experience the beautiful coast and islands. Could I embark on your boat?
May 14, 2008 09:38
  • CARLOS
Jimmy,
whenever You happen to come here, You are most wellcome to spend a weekend with us on our boat. (not in winter, because the sea is frozen then) If You can enjoy enough the sea and whole archipelago, You can forget there are no amenities, only a small pentry to cook and beds of course.
By the way, sea here is not as salty as oceans, because it is quite closed and gets much water from rivers, so after morning wash in sea no need to scratch itching salty skin.

Carlos
May 14, 2008 20:51
  • JIMMYB
Thanks for your hospitality, Carlos. I think I have to work hard for many years to accumulate a lot of money. Then I can go abroad and witness beautiful islands in your country :-) Enjoy your marriage life, Carlos.
May 16, 2008 08:10
  • CARLOS
:-) I will, Jimmy, I will, thanks again
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What are you gonna do if your wife earns more than you?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code