Menu
Xian city center hotels
May 1, 2008 08:33
  • SCOTTT
I have been researching hotels near the city center, and most have contradictory information and reviews. If I look at the reviews on TripAdvisor, and compare to other sites, many rate a particular hotel very high (clean, quiet, great food), and the next person very low (dirty, smelly, smoky, terrible food). I know that some hotels submit their own reviews with fake information. Who can recommend a reasonably clean hotel with REAL non-smoking rooms near the center (bell-tower area) in the range of RMB 240 to RMB 350 range? Don't recommend one unless you have actually stayed there yourself within the last 6 months.
thanks, Scott
May 5, 2008 21:54
  • ELLYSE
Super 8 Xidajie. Haven't stayed there personally but have had some friends who stayed last October, and some other travellers who stayed this year.
Oh and also do note that some of the TripAdvisor users give idiotic reviews... want to only pay for 2-star or 3-star, but expect 5-star quality! Duh.
May 7, 2008 11:27
  • SCOTTT
Yes, I understand and agree. Some travelers expect everybody in the world to speak English, which is unrealistic, and they complain about the hotel staff. But, I have seen a few hotels myself that were VERY dirty, smoky, holes in the walls, toilets not working, etc, and these were advertised as 3*. In the US, the hotel rating is fairly accurate, but not so in many Asian countries. Other than reviews and personal interaction like this, it is difficult to separate the budget hotels from the really bad ones.
I have stayed at budget hotels for $30 that were very good, and expensive hotels (over $100) that were terrible!
May 7, 2008 19:37
  • ELLYSE
I usually pick hotels that're newer, that seems to help.
Jul 9, 2008 23:34
  • OVERMAN
7 DAYS hotel ..
Jul 10, 2008 01:32
GUEST01124 If you read reviews in the Lonely Planet Guide and people in their Thorntree Forum, it's worse.
Jul 13, 2008 22:51
  • ELLYSE
Friends who just came back with me from Xi'an stayed at Motel168 on Qingnian Lu and were quite happy with it. It might be a bit cheaper than what you specified too.
What's worse on the Lonely Planet guidebook and ThornTree forum?
Post a Reply to: Xian city center hotels
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code