Menu
Chinese schools do not allow students to wear jewelry?
May 5, 2008 16:29
  • GRIZ326
I sent my gal's daughter a little heart-shaped pendant made in Montana for her birthday. It was the sort of gift given to many young girls for their birthday. My gal would not allow her daughter to have it. She said that her daughter's school prohibits the wearing of jewelry by students.

It is actually a pretty good rule when you think about some of the troubles in American schools over fancy tennis shoes and jackets....

Is this common in Chinese schools?
May 5, 2008 20:52
  • LEONARDO
Hey,
The school *-rules used to be very strict when I was at primary school. Today, Chinese educational institutions have become more open; particularly universities and colleges have lax school rules. Well, most Chinese primary schools and high schools still impose strict school rules on students. It is very possible that the school where your gal’s daughter is studying has strict school rules.
May 6, 2008 08:16
  • JABAROOTOO
Griz,

Does her daughter board during the week or come home every night. It may have more to do with security. i.e. the child could easily loose something of value at school depending on the circumstances. I'll ask about here but I haven't heard anything either way before.
May 6, 2008 10:21
  • GRIZ326
She often stays with her grandmother during the school week.

Post a Reply to: Chinese schools do not allow students to wear jewelry?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code