Menu
ShanghaiExpat Hosts Its Second Speed Dating With Successful and Efficient Romance!
May 5, 2008 21:16
guest42234 (5th April 2008, Shanghai) 3-Minute dates may not be for everyone, but this past Saturday, the ShanghaiExpat community successfully organized its second 3-minute Speed Dating. Having gained much experience in the ShanghaiExpat Speed Dating 1.0 last May, ShanghaiExpat successfully created a romantic atmosphere, complete with rose petals and candlelight, in Sugar Bar of The Collection at Xintiandi, a romantic dessert bar. 24 gentlemen and 24 ladies participated after registering online at ShanghaiExpat’s well-known website. In addition, over 100 more guests, clients, members of ShanghaiExpat and many media agents came to watch the event and take part in the after party.

ShanghaiExpat Speed Dating 1.0, which was held in May 2007, was a big success last year. Following the repeated requests from community members as well as expats from other circles, ShanghaiExpat decided to bring it back. Using a similar format as last time, ShanghaiExpat invited the participants to sit at numbered tables, according to randomly chosen cards, and each pair was allowed 3 minutes of conversation. After hearing a sound effect from the DJ indicating the 3 minutes were up, the gentlemen then moved to the next table to greet and meet the next lucky lady. Participants were provided with a “score card” that allowed them to take notes and record if they would like to meet their current date again. After the 24 conversations concluded, the organizers tabulated the results and awarded prizes to the most popular men and women – The “Kings and Queens of Hearts”.

Each of the winners received prizes from sponsors, including man-made diamond necklaces, round-trip flights to Sanya along with one night hotel accommodation. All of the participants received a gift bags from ShanghaiExpat, valued at around RMB300, courtesy of the sponsors, who donated many more lucky draw gifts like like CROCS shoes, IVY Shanghai hotel accommodation, Eternity 3 months membership, and so on.

Feedback from the guests reflected true enjoyment of the event, which also featured a belly dance performance during the break, sponsored by Yarose. The dancer brought her famous and sensual Egyptian-styled performance, and she mesmerized everyone and refreshed the participants’ mood before the second round of dating. A hip-hop dance performance from Eternity brought people to another peak to start the After Party until late.

“This Speed Dating event certainly was a good way of expanding one's network in Shanghai,” said Mr. Yih-An Nee, the participant of speed dating 2.0. “This event is one of the most successful that I have attended and I do encourage both ShanghaiExpat and Sugar Shanghai to continue holding such events for expats and the community...”

For further press information :

www.shanghaiexpat.com

May 7, 2008 08:52
  • APAULT
Three minutes??? That's a long relationship for me ! haha
May 9, 2008 10:16
  • DODGER
Maybe you should sign up Paul for the next one..ha
Dodger.
Jun 9, 2008 09:58
  • FIORFIORFIOR
haha, sounds fun! but for me 3 month la! hahaha
Jun 9, 2008 10:11
  • DAVEC
Hey, whens the next one? count me in. 3 mins with a woman is much longer than I usually get.
Post a Reply to: ShanghaiExpat Hosts Its Second Speed Dating With Successful and Efficient Romance!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code