Menu
Ex boyfriend' gift, keep, discard or sell?
May 8, 2008 21:28
  • ALICIAYIYI
Well, first, he will never find them. It doesn't mean that I hide my ex-bf's gifts, just it is past, so I don't need to show them to my bf and I will also not use them or see them again. I keep them because it is a part of my life and it is a memory.

Second, if my bf discovers them one day, I don't think he will be angry, everyone has his/her memory of the past life and privacy. Now we stay with each other because we love each other.

Personally, I agree with Shesgottobe, we need to respect and trust each other, and accept his past. Of course, you should really love your new bf/ gf, not use he/she as a way to forget your ex-bf/gf .
May 8, 2008 23:42
  • JCNILE123
((((We have to understand that people have their own private places in their heart that shouldn't bothered by others even though you are lovers,))))

Right Jimmy, “in the heart” I agree with you fully on this, most men do not want to have her love story box in his home.
May 8, 2008 23:43
  • JCNILE123
She, Alicia,

I think woman are not so much forgiving as She and Alicia want to think.

Do you think that if she sees his love box, she will ignore it? I do not believe it at all.

A woman in love is a very selfish woman, “in a good way”, a woman in love do not want any other woman around, alive or in paper.

It is her nature!
May 9, 2008 00:32
  • ALICIAYIYI
JCNILE, I acknowledge that women in love are selfish, for me, I also don't want to share my bf's love with any other woman.

If you love someone, you should trust him. I don't care how he deals with his love box, either keep it or discard it, I can respect him, but he must be honest with me. He can regard it as his memory, but when he stay with me, he must give his complete love to me. ^ _ ^

The thing I care is his love. If he keep the love box but never open it again, I can accept. Maybe after many years, we can open it together and share each other's stories, then we will rejoice that we choose each other and we love each other. Some persons are just our memories, they can't accompany us in the rest of life. We can keep the memory but can't hurt the person who we love now.

Love will make us become selfish, but we also need understanding, trust and tolerance.

Personally I want the whole love from my bf, but i will also try to respect and trust him. I believe he can deal with his "love box" properly. :)

May 9, 2008 20:48
  • KEVIN0518
Iif you really love him/her, you have to accept his/her past. Is there anyone who has no past?
May 9, 2008 21:02
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I cannot speak for other women. What I stated was mine alone and that’s my attitude about this. Women are different. It can’t be denied that there are women who won’t like their men keeping a memories box just as there are men who won’t like their women doing the same. I’m kind of selfish in some way, too. While some women are fine sharing their men with other women, I don’t want to share my man with other women. But a man’s past is his past. There’s nothing I can do with it as much as he cannot do anything with mine.

If I see his love box, I will tease him about it. I am confident enough, and I do not get insecure about a man’s past lover and I want a man who has the same attitude. What kind of a relationship is it where you have to keep suspecting the other person?
May 9, 2008 22:10
  • JCNILE123
She,
(((If I see his love box, I will tease him about it.)))

What if you caught him digging the box ones, ok, but then again and again and again, you confront his stupidity and he answer you back, “you know it, I love you, but I still love her"

What will you do next? Will you keep teasing the funny joker?
May 9, 2008 22:14
  • JCNILE123
Alicia,
(((but we also need understanding, trust and tolerance.)))

That is exactly the woman with a very strong candidacy to have one husband with many lovers.

May 9, 2008 22:20
  • JCNILE123
Kevin,

(((Iif you really love him/her, you have to accept his/her past. Is there anyone who has no past?)))

Yeah right, just make sure next time you have a date, you also take your box with you, make sure that you introduce your date to the box.

Then after, please let me know about the outcome.
May 9, 2008 22:50
  • ALICIAYIYI
JCNILE, just think about will you show anything about your ex-gf to your wife?

I accept my bf keeping his ex-gf's gifts, it doesn't mean that he can dig the box and see them everyday. If he does it, it means he still loves his ex-gf. Of course I can't accept it.

But if he keep the love box as a souvenir, it is ok.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ex boyfriend' gift, keep, discard or sell?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code