Menu
Can I exchange my RMB to Kip in the airport in HCM (Saigon)?
May 7, 2008 04:54
  • DTAGUAT
Can I exchange RMB for Vietnamese currency in the airport in Ho Chi Min City? Save up a bit working in China but can't officially convert it here anywhere I've heard of.

If I can exchange it, what's the rate at the airport, if anyone knows.

May 7, 2008 08:07
  • SGAYIWU
I do not think you canchange RMB in Vietnan ofically. maybe in north part of Vietnan you can use RMB insome shops or change in black market.
May 7, 2008 08:16
  • JABAROOTOO
I have found the best way to change money 'officially' here in China is to ask a Chinese friend to take your money to the BOC and change it. Apparently a Chinese national can change rather a lot of RMB to most other currencies without proof of travel, business or anything else.

I have even used a strangers ID on one occasion when my friend was unavailable. She has Guan xi at the bank and asked them to find anyone they could and use their ID. Give it a go. You must have friends by now.......

If you cannot get Vietnamese money, then I suggest you purchase another currency which is strong against the RMB just now. Avoid the $US
May 7, 2008 10:11
  • APAULT
Yes. My bank told me that I should change money through a Chinese national to save all the paperwork for a foreigner (which basically they were refusing to do).

RememberDetaguat, you are only supposed to take out 10,000 rmb.

I am sure you can change unofficially near the border as many Viet come into China to work or run tourist stalls.
May 7, 2008 22:38
  • DTAGUAT
Thanks for the tips. I found a connection by which I can do it. Can't really use a friend 'cause I live in a rather remote little city, and that's where my friends are, and as far as I've heard I can't do it here.

Post a Reply to: Can I exchange my RMB to Kip in the airport in HCM (Saigon)?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code