Menu
Living in Qingdao
Apr 8, 2004 14:41
  • BILLIE
Have been teaching English in Japan for the past 10 years and will make a move to Qingdao this June. Any friendly advice/info re: the following would be greatly appreciated indeed!:

1) Accommodations. Looking for a monthly rental, serviced apartment with small kitchen. I know they exist in larger cities such as Beijing and Shanghai but are there any in Qingdao that offer reasonable rates? Heard that there are some very cheap, clean, Korean-run hotels in Qingdao proper that offer attractive monthly rates -- any names/details?

2) English Teaching. Any rec'd language schools that are known for treating their instructors justly? What's a decent monthly salary? What about private/company/small group lessons - What can an experienced teacher dare to demand in terms of hourly rates?

3) Visa. Currently possess a 1-year, multiple re-entry. Any problems I should be aware of while teaching privately with this status? Am I able to stay in China continually with this visa (the visa is valid thru FEB/2005) or is there a limitation (30 days) per entry??

Many thanks for your time... And happy trails to all.
Apr 8, 2004 14:41
  • DAISY
I'm afraid that you can't ues the Visa you are possessing now. Because the duration is only 30 days, though you applied a multiply re-entry Visa, and its validity is till 2005 Feb.
That is to say, you could stay in China for only 30 days at most. So you should get the Visa Z which is issued to aliens who are to take up posts or employment in China, and to their accompanying family members. To apply for a Visa Z, an Employment License of the People's Republic of China for Foreigners (which could be obtained by the employer in China from the provincial or municipal labor authorities) and a visa notification letter/telegram issued by an authorized organization or company are required.
Apr 13, 2011 18:51
GUESTJACK Hi all ,
I'm thinking of moving to Qingdao and would like to know details on teaching jobs english that is . What's the average hourly rate and monthly salary for UNIS and Language Centres ?
Also any info on rentals for teacher friendly apartments .
Oh and to kick back any local pubs bars where the music doesnt blow your ear drums ? And catch up on sports ...international rugby ...football etc ?
Appreciate any info ...much thanks and have a good day
Post a Reply to: Living in Qingdao
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code