Menu
Do Chinese farmers make money from farming?
May 9, 2008 02:16
guestandy In recent news, it is said that Chinese farmers are losing their enthusiasm for farming in many grain producing provinces. According to the reports, the main reason is that the farmers have found that farming can’t bring them profitable gaining. Being a farmer worker in the cities, they can earn more money than doing farming. On the other hand, the prices of production goods are keeping rising but the prices of the agricultural products are growing slowly. Is it true? Do Chinese farmers make money from farming?
May 9, 2008 02:32
  • SGAYIWU
There are 3 type farmers in China.
1st small pravite framers, they can not make money from farming. 98% about Chinese framer are in this group.
2nd commercial framers they can make big money, but normally this type of farmer is companies. I think less than 0.5% are in this group.
3rd pravite framer bigger than normal but smaller than commercial, about 1.5%. they can make a few money.
May 9, 2008 02:35
  • SGAYIWU
I think all farming product's price will be rise up at least 30%. the rice price that govment company buy from farmer is rise up 10% already, but still can not cover the cost rise up, I saw this information in CCTV2 last night.
May 9, 2008 08:40
  • GARYKINKADE
If a large portion of private farmers are not making profits and migrate to larger cities for jobs where the cost of living is higher and they have to share living areas with other workers and the wages are stagnant because of an over abundance of labor and the net result is not profitable either.....so what is the solution?
May 9, 2008 21:37
  • KEVIN0518
According to a report, the farmers in southest coastal areas earn only several hundred yuan per mu. However, the average salary per month of the farmer workers in big cities is more than one thousand yuan. Although the government has made some preferential agricutural policies, such as increasing subsidies or minimum price for grain procurement. But these still can't cover the surging prices of production goods. No wonder the farmers choose to work in the cities rather than do farming.
May 9, 2008 22:01
  • JCNILE123
No.
May 10, 2008 00:01
  • MARRIE
we are in the situations where normal development go through: famers leaving for high capital leverage mfg seeking high income. cheap consummer products increase national income mainly from exports. assuming a slik garment is priced domesticly with 10 U$, how much will it be sold in US? 100 U$? The merchants suck. hmm, service industry seems the most lucrative or high valued added stuff. hope china will soon establish its service industry.
May 21, 2015 12:11
GUEST46129 this was useful
Feb 25, 2016 08:11
GUESTMAKAYLA Thanks!! You just gave me a bunch of info for my project thx forever love
Mar 5, 2016 16:59
GUEST76735 Sorry this was not helpful i need an exact number for a Mandarin assigment.
Good Luck to everyone for 2016!!!

πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ƒ
May 4, 2016 09:38
  • LISABAKER
Well, maybe they are not making big money, but they are also not starving and have some place to live. I think market can regulate such things over time, if it is allowed to act. If there are many stable well-paying jobs in cities, sure, they can migrate there.
Post a Reply to: Do Chinese farmers make money from farming?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code