Menu
Route Planner China/Shanghai
May 9, 2008 07:12
  • GCLON
Hi all!

We are planning a trip to China. Is there an online route planner for China/Shanghai? It's like the ones for Europe, where you put in Start point (address/postcode/place of interest etc) and Destination of where you want to go, and it gives you step by step driving directions, total travelling time, distance in km etc?

Thank you

gc_lon
May 9, 2008 07:34
  • ELLYSE
None that I know of. Foreign travellers aren't allowed to self-drive in China (unless you go through a mountain of paperwork and pay through the nose) so it wouldn't be of any practical use either.
May 9, 2008 07:34
  • ELLYSE
Qualification to my earlier statement: None that I know of, in ENGLISH. I've found at least 2 in Chinese.
May 9, 2008 08:36
  • GCLON
Thanks, ELLYSE!

I wasn't actually going to drive myself, we'll be travelling by coach. Just wanted to know and plan timing for the trip, and we'll have to work something out now. Shame I don't speak Chinese:)

Thanks anyway,

Andy
May 9, 2008 09:00
  • GCLON
ELLYSE, which ones are the ones you know in Chinese?
May 9, 2008 20:05
  • ELLYSE
http://ditu.google.cn
http://www.mapbar.com
Actually, if you read English-language guidebooks eg Lonely Planet, most of them would tell you the amount of time taken by bus/train for popular routes. Distance is not necessarily relative to amount of time taken either.
May 10, 2008 03:53
  • SGAYIWU
GCLON, one choice is write your departure and destinations here. a lot of people will help you check out.
Post a Reply to: Route Planner China/Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code