Menu
Travel In Sichuan
May 14, 2008 00:40
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Siva,

I have begun a thread "Travel in Sichuan' It might be useful to keep it on top as this earthquake will dramatically impact tourism in the area for some months to come.

It would also be useful to add information as it becomes available on tourist attractions that are actually still accessible and those that are not.

What is the news on Jiuzhaihou, Songpan and Huanglong, Maerkang, Danba, Kanding etc Leshan and Emeishan

There is nothing coming in from these areas and I cannot imagine that some of them have suffered some damage even if minor with no loss of life.

Thanks
P
May 14, 2008 01:09
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Penny,

We have made your thread on top of the forum. Hope our members and guest can add useful information for other tourists.

Yours
Siva
May 14, 2008 22:14
  • IRACUBET
Dear All,

My heart ached when i saw all the images of death resulting from the earthquake. It's incredible that as a Singaporean chinese unrelated to China, i felt so close to my fellow chinese during these trying times that i broke down crying a few times. To think that a whole young generation got wiped out of the map in Sichuan.

Besides the sorrow, I hope more living in Sichuan would post regular updates on the tourist areas (not being insensitive or what) since many foreign tourists are stuck with their bookings. My wife and I are scheduled to fly into Chengdu on June 9-19 on AIrChina but it seems it might not be advisable. We have been advised that no cancellations are allowed either and i guess we'll just have to forfeit the money. Or otherwise, we might fly to Yunnan. Any idea how Yunnan fared in the earthquake.

Finally, a moment of silence for all the demise. thanks
Aug 6, 2008 08:51
  • CHINAPROFILE
Dear All, you touched me deeply, you are all kindness, I post some lateset news fro CCTV-9, it is reported many places of interests are now ready to welcome guests, the Sichuan Municiple Goverment released a memo video which shows the tourism destinations great recovery. Hope all your journey very good!
Post a Reply to: Travel In Sichuan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code