Menu
tourist visa question
May 16, 2008 22:59
guest16923 Hi All,

I submitted my application for a Chinese tourist visa last week. The application form asked which cities/provinces I intended to visit, and I only listed Shanghai (my flight arrives in Pu Dong). Now, I am considering traveling from Shanghai to Beijing to visit the Great Wall. Will this pose a problem? Is my tourist visa good for all of China or only Shanghai? I've never visited China before, so I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
May 17, 2008 02:03
  • ELLYSE
Right now, embassies and consulates worldwide seem to be very picky about what you list on the visa, before they even issue you a visa. Currently need full flight and accommodation bookings for most people to get their visa, so I'm not sure if you'll get yours, since you didn't provide those. Where did you apply and what passport are you holding?
Look on http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1585596 and http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1589843 for useful, updated information and reports.
May 17, 2008 13:01
GUEST16923 Thanks Ellyse,

I applied with a Canadian passport to the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles. I did provide them with a copy of my airline ticket and my hotel confirmation in Shanghai. However, now I'm considering taking a train from Shanghai to Beijing to see the Great Wall. Still, thanks for the advice. Any other thoughts?
May 17, 2008 13:41
GUEST16923 Is there any way I can move this thread to the visa forum? I didn't see it last night.
May 17, 2008 20:52
  • ELLYSE
Another problem might be that, Chinese embassies/consulates worldwide now want you to apply in your country of citizenship, or your country of residence.
May 17, 2008 21:20
GUEST16923 Thank you again Ellyse. The travel agency I used to apply for my visa said that the Los Angeles Consulate is still accepting applications from non-US citizens so long as you can provide proof of residency in the United States. Still, you raise a good point. I'm definitely worried about whether they will approve my application. What I'm trying to figure out is this: if they DO issue me a visa, is that visa good for all of China, or just Shanghai? Thanks for all your help!
May 18, 2008 11:37
  • ELLYSE
All of China. Don't worry about that! :)
And, good luck for your application... and everyone else's too.
May 18, 2008 12:12
GUEST16923 Thanks Ellyse!
May 19, 2008 06:55
  • JARCHACK
Most visa processing companies here will do non-US citizen visas as well. I'm too far from any consulate to go so I have to use a 3rd party. Also, my L visa got denied and I'm not sure if it's because I did not have a ticket or that I was staying with a friend in Hubei or the fact that I had to pay a fine last year because I stayed a few days after my visa expired. I got accepted for a job at a University and will have all the documents for a work visa, so I'll see how that goes. What I don't want to do is buy the ticket first because if something does go wrong, it's too hard getting a refund for an economy flight.
Sep 3, 2017 00:22
GUESTINETRYC... The Vatican appears rocked alongside scandal and resignations fair as church leaders necessity gear up to make good on frail Pope Benedict XVI.
The Vatican today appears rocked past flagitious rumors and resignations moral as church leaders obligation attire up to replace frail Pope Benedict XVI within weeks. But Vatican experts state if you over the coterie's largest non-governmental institution is in unprecedented entropy right contemporarily, over recall again.
Read more...
Oct 4, 2017 01:53
GUEST94119 i have got visa for china but they gave me one entry
i need go honk kong for 1 days have soem work
can you give me new visa for the rest tiem i will stay in china?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: tourist visa question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code